June 28, 2007

Weekend Sketch


So, I have not been feeling so super this week, a little dizzy for the last 3 days, I am just taken it easy today.
I did this sketch for Beate's weekend sketch, I am just a few days behind!

I was just reading a thread about being a 'stampy' stamper, a 'scrappy' stamper, or a 'hybrid' stamper....Not sure if I see the difference in the three.

I like all styles of stamping, but I find that in our busy world, if we are constantly feeling the need to take an hour plus on a layout, that we will start to do less, as in produce less. I am really trying to focus on cards that are great, but, not an hour long process. So if that means I use some of these 8,000 lbs of patterned paper I have *somehow* acquired to "make" the card, or a store purchased embellishment, and I am happy with the results, then I will continue to do so! Why should our projects take so long to produce? The very *few* customers I have simply do not have time for the long process of it all, nor will they ever lean that direction!

Anyhoo....enough blabber~ Just some random thoughts I thought I could bore ya with ;)

If you get a chance, can you head over to Shannan's blog and post some words of encouragement please!!

Details: Small Sayings - SU!; CS & DS Paper- SU!; Flower by MM. Pin It Now!

8 comments:

beate said...

That's simply gorgeous! Thanks so much for trying out the sketch! Hugs!

Jackie said...

I like this sketch too, nicely done.

Silvergirl said...

Great job on this card! I love how you used the designer paper... that can be a challenge for me at times.

Hope you're feeling better!
Lisa

Heather said...

This is SO beautiful!! Love the flowers, the paper piercing, the colors, the patterned paper, everything! :)

Kathy said...

Very, very nice and I 100% agree with you. As a mom of three with a day job that pays the bills, I don't always have time to agonize over cards. I started out by saying this hobby would be more cost effective and timely than driving to the store to purchase a card :-) Timely, maybe but cost effective???? bwaaaaahaaaaahaaaaa!

Teresa said...

This is just beautiful, AJ!!! Love it!!!

SeattleStamper said...

I LOVE this card AJ! It's just my style - clean, simple, and fresh. Don't you just love that Thanks for making me smile stamp? It's my most used thank you stamp.

Robyn said...

Very cute card! You did great with the sketch. I haven't gotten around to making one for it yet.