August 10, 2007

Okay, when is summer over?

So, you know it's time for the kids to back to school when they breathe loud.

Don't get me wrong, LOVE my children, but between being sick this last week plus, and having been cooped up in the house with them because our weather is drab, I think it's safe to say, we all need some space!!

So, here is my Halloween box, I just need to fill it with some cute pumpkin paper crinkled up and some candies...
These pics are to help visualize putting it together~ Two 12x4 pieces of Vintage Violet (yes, I *used* to hoard things) scored at 4". I added my ds papers (again, last years stuff, I am over hoarding now) to each side, added my front panel, and lay one on top of another. Where it meets in the middle square, place your adhesive.

I am an "eyballer"- I eyeball the holes at the top, and tied the black hemp through, added the pumpkin on dimensionals, added the tag- (also-love batty for you!) and your done!!
There is also a thread going about the super cute boxes Artisan Award winner Michelle Fischer made, I will work on one of those in the next few days. I have the template all figured out, just need to find a spare minute :)
Have a super weekend~ We have another cub scouts event tonight(Raingutter Regatta) and then a potluck afterwards, Tomorrow- a trip to the local Fire Dept. where my husband will be helping with their open house, a BBQ tomorrow night, and then Sunday- the first of our fundraisers for my friends family whose 10 year old son was diagnosed with Cancer. We will be doing a pancake breakfast and head shavings challenges!! ( I will probably just photograph the last part, and not actually participate!!) ;)

Pin It Now!

8 comments:

kathleenh said...

Cute box! Thanks for the tutorial. I'm with you with the summer being over. My kids are getting bored and fighting a lot. It' time to go back. :)

Dottie K said...

So adorable. Thanks for sharing - these will make cute Christmas boxes also. :)

Shannan said...

Tooo stinkin cute!!! Are you seriously going to MAKE Halloween goodies??

Corie said...

This is FANTASTIC -- love the idea -- so cute.

Heather P. said...

What a GREAT box!! Love this! :)

Lisa said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Simple is good! What a great item to demo!!

Robin said...

I love halloween, too :)

Great box!

SeattleStamper said...

Holy Schnikes that box is cool! Wow AJ, you've blown me away.