August 17, 2007

Textured CS is fabulous!

Just a few quick cards playing with the new textured cs. This stuff just makes the card!
Love the new wide ribbon also.

Does anyone else have a hard time getting your stamps clean? I use ultra clean, and if you look at the first card, you can see (faintly) the previously inked image. Evan after cleaning with the Ultra clean. Maybe the vanilla cs is just not so forgiving!

So, with that, I am thinking about re mounting this set, and separating the words from the images. I thought I could use markers and make it work, but not if the images aren't coming clean!


Details: TakeThree; Vanilla & Rust Textured CS. Kraft Taffeta, Choc chip grosgrain, Pumpkin, Rust, Choc Chip, & Olive Markers, dimensionals. Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Shannan said...

Love these cards! I have the same problem, what about cleaning your stamp & scrub?

Nancy said...

What are you using to scrub the stamp on after you spray it? Perhaps your need to clean your scrub pad or towel or whatever?

Heather P. said...

These are beautiful! Have you tried Stazon cleaner for your stamps? It really seems to deep clean even when you aren't using Stazon ink!

whitney said...

I love the simplicity of these cards - they are going in my must try pile. I think that problem happens with ultra clean and not with other cleaners. I don't like that about the ultra clean. Love to read your blog!

Angie Tieman said...

Love the simple elegance of your card! That ribbon is yummy! I agree with the other comments, I don't have that problem with SU cleaner and the Stamp 'n Scrub (unless the Stamp 'n Scrub needs to be cleaned). After I clean the stamp, I always stamp it on scratch paper again to make sure there is no residue on it. If there is, it's time to clean the Stamp 'n Scrub. However, I agree the Staz-On Cleaner is fabulous! It gets everything off, even old, gunky stuff!

Corie said...

Love these -- so simple, yet oh so elegant.

Julie Brooks said...

I love these cards They are so crisp and clean looking!!!

Kathy said...

I love these cards and have the same problem getting some of my stamps totally clean as well. When that happens, I do run my scrub pads through the dishwasher to see if that helps. I've tried stazon cleaner and ultraclean as well and it doesn't seem to make a huge difference. I'll be stalking this thread to see what other suggestions you get.

and I totally agree about the textured cardstock. I absolutely love it!

Theresa said...

Smashing! Simple, clean and stunning!

Silvergirl said...

Such a stunning card! I love the textured cardstock and think it's perfect for simple designs.

thanks for sharing,
Lise