September 15, 2007

Happy Saturday


I love fall colors, and even more so fall! We didn't seem to have such a great summer, but I am gearing up for fall none the less. It has been cold here in the morning and night, and warm/hot in the afternoon time. The length of warmth shrinks each day!
Today is my husbands birthday! We are going to just take it easy around here, have a lunch date with his mom, and dinner and drinks tonight.

Yesterday I received the pink poodle costume I ordered from Old Navy for Lauren- she *loves* pink, and she has been running around wearing it already! If she stops moving, I will take a picture, it's so cute! She actually wore it up to the store, and wanted to know if anyone recognized her!! So funny, I love that she thinks she is a poodle when she is in it!!

Here I was starting this card with the intention of working in a clear square button, but did not like the reults, so I bailed on the button. (Sorry Krystie-I will try another later! I am thinking you may be on to something with your post!!!) In the meantime, I do like the colors, love this new wide ribbon!!
I am off to see if I can work the button into another layout! Have a super week!

Details: Dotted BG, Perennial Favorites. Vanilla, Ruby Red CS. Really Rust Craft ink, pumpkin & ruby red classic inks. choc chip wide grosgrain, dimensionals, both square punches. Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Shannan said...

I love this card! I am in love with this wide ribbon!!
Hope your hubby has a great birthday and you have a little time to relax with your little pink poodle! How cute is that LOL

Angie Tieman said...

Nice fall card! Love those polka dots! Can't wait to see your daughter in that pink poodle costume, it sounds precious!

Jen said...

Wow, that is a truly stunning card!! Love the fall colors and the simplicity of it!

denise said...

oh wow! This is wonderful! Simple, but packs a punch!!!!

Happy Birthday to your DH and YOU too!!

Corie said...

Love this card -- so elegant.

Krystie Lee said...

You're too funny! I cracked up when I read this yesterday, but didn't have time to respond until this morning. Great card, I see where you're going with the button and I love it!

(btw, I saw that poodle costume and it's adorable, I bought my daughter the chicken one!)

Flossie's Follies said...

This card is great, love the ribbon

Heather P. said...

This is gorgeous... I LOVE it!