September 17, 2007

So, I am not 23 anymore!


Well, I haven't been for a while, *wink* and I am good with it~
Since it's been a birthday weekend around here, I of course, made another birthday card! I *finally* was able to incorporate the clear square button I was trying to work with! I am not sure of where I came up with these colors together, but I like them!

The base is going gray, and the ds papers is soft sky. I have been in a pumpkin mood with Halloween around the corner and all! I just had to try mixing it in! The enjoy sentiment is from the bee happy set, and it works well with this square button. I adhered the button to the shimmery white cs with a few strands of pumpkin pie grosgrain that had been frayed apart intentionally.

Of course you have your usual scalloped layered edge in pumpkin along the bottom, a pierced pumpkin edge at the top, both of which are layered underneath the soft sky ds paper. The enjoy is stamped in pumpkin craft on shimmery white, layered onto gray and the taffeta ribbon is layered in between the two.

It is a yukky Monday morning, not your typical pacific northwest weather, and we are braving the fair this afternoon after Will gets home from school. I am hoping to get some cleaning/organinzing done in my computer/stamp area....it looks like a bomb went off, not once, but a few times!

So far as far as birthday presents go.....I did get my camera I had been wanting, (check a few posts back) and of course my daughter picked out a *lovely* new ice cream scoop for me!!! she is so sweet!!! I know she is just thinking of how much easier it will be for me to scoop her some ice cream now! Isn't it great what kids think of for you!

We also got a trip to DISNEYLAND from my inlaws!!!! WOW!!

We have been wanting to take the kids (without breaking the bank or drowning in credit card bills for the years following) and now we can! We are both pretty excited about it! Now to just make plans....this one is a secret from the kids until the day we leave~ I can just hear them asking EVERY single day until we would leave!!!!
Okay- well I need to work on getting Will off to school~
Have a super Monday!

Details: Be Happy, It's your birthday; Going Gray, Pumpkin, Shimmery white cs, Soft sky DS papers. Going Gray classic ink, pumpkin craft ink. Going gray taffeta, pumpkin grosgrain, clear square button, corner rounder punch, paper piercing tool/mat pack, small and larger square punches, and dimensionals. Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Krystie Lee said...

LOVE that card! Have a fabulous birthday!

SeattleStamper said...

Wow, AJ, I LOVE this card. I always struggle with how to use that set and square buttons! You color combo is awesome. I'll be casing this one for sure. Happy Birthday!

That is really exciting news about Disneyland. What a wonderful suprise.

Shannan said...

Awesome card!! I need to CASE this one! Have a wonderful splendiferous birthday!!

Heather P. said...

Wow, what a super gift... That must've been such a surprise! :)

This card is wonderful... Love the way the pumpkin pops! :)

denise said...

Love the color combo on that card- never woulda thought of it!!! Very cute!

Congrats on Disneyland and your camera!!

Teresa said...

Wow! Congrats on the trip to Disneyland and glad that you had a great birthday weekend!!! ;)

Angie Tieman said...

Awesome card! I love those colors too, they are fab with the basic gray! And Congrats on your birthday gift trip, wowzers! That's what I call a gift! I know it will be very special for you all! And I can't wait to see the scrapbook pages you make with the pictures! *wink*