September 29, 2007

What's been keeping me from stamping...


So, this top picture is my son last night getting his orange belt!! He just loves Kempo!!

The second is of him Thursday earning his monthly achievements at his cub scout pack meeting wearing his new vest sporting all of his accomplishments.

I will take pictures later of this vest up close and the back, but it is my sons cub scout vest where he puts his segments/achievements from scouting. The segments are on the back in a circle shape, and I would be lying if I said I can sew. :)
I spent the better portion of a week working on trying to hand sew these patches on because I am afraid of my sewing machine and more than unfamiliar with using it. (I have all sorts of respect for those of you who actually sew on your cards/pages!) I did manage to figure it out, (had the durned thing for over 10 years) but do not look at the inside of the vest...oh, and the sewing machine and I did have a disagreement, and the machine won.

Is it normal to accidentally sew items to the machine?? Okay, so I admit it, it was messy! I had to cut away at the thread to free the vest!!

Okay~ I am off again to another NSR event with my kid, and will really try to make sure I have new stuff to post!
Have a super weekend!! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Shannan said...

You are so cute, AJ! I love your new pic!
And don't feel bad, my sewing machine and I had an argument the other day and mine won too. We're not on speaking terms at the moment. LOL

Alexandra said...

these pics are precious - and you definitely have your priorities straight! Enjoy those kids - we will all visit and when you have time, enjoy your creativity! Oh, and I have never met a sewing machine that likes me so don't feel like you are alone - LOL!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Suzy said...

What a cutie! Congrats!

I don't even own a sewing machine but want to get one just for cards - how sick am I lol