October 7, 2007

Getting ready for the holidays...

So, I have been following this thread on SCS about crafts & recipes for the holidays. I made the caramel recipe someone provided. It turned out great btw, I will be making more!!




So, yesterday I had a family dinner to go to, and I took my sister in law a sampling of the caramels in this cute little 2-4-6-8 box. She said they were yummy!!

So here is the box I gave her, and the yummy caramels that were inside. I am still working out the kinks, like having them not stick to the wax paper. So far I have found that I need to spray it first.

The boxes are a lot of fun, and I just love how they make the recipient happy to receive them.

And, I don't have my page done. (big surprise!) But I have so many projects laying around on my work space, and 3-4 of them are different page layouts! I need to finish a few of them. I also need to get my swaps for regionals done. I am still trying to decide what I want to do with them.

I am also trying to work on an entry or two for SU!'s monthly contest. I have been trying out for a few design teams unsuccessfully, and thought maybe I would give SU!'s contest a try for a while instead. However the first attempt I finished, I look at it and think....not really the one.
So, maybe I will send it in, maybe not. Still deciding.

Have a super day, I am told we are housecleaning ALL day. Must be dirty!! Pin It Now!

7 comments:

Shannan said...

What a cute little bag! And seriously, Martha, you made CARAMELS?

Corie said...

WOW great project!!!

Heather P. said...

What a gorgeous box!

Alexandra said...

This little bag is so cute??!!! And, you MADE caramels - girl, you amaze me!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Nancy Riley said...

Oh, this treat box is so very cute! I can't believe you MADE those caramels!

Nancy Riley said...

Oh, this treat box is so very cute! I can't believe you MADE those caramels!

Diana Riker said...

I can't seem to find the recipe that you are talking about, could you please point me in the right direction.
Thanks