October 10, 2007

I just love this tree...


Do you ever pull out a stamp set, and think to yourself- I just love this set, why don't I use it more often? (this would be me admitting I have more stamps than I can use, so you won't catch me saying it!!)
I do love this tree, and it does lend itself to great fall colors this time of year. I am supposed to be working on swaps today, but instead, I made a few of these, trying out different tree colors.

I may not get any swaps done at this point! I am having a hard time deciding what set to use. With the new catty around the corner, and this mini half way over~nothing is new and fun to use, and everything is subject to retirement! I am thinking too much in to it, I know!
Anyhow, I do need to mail out a birthday card, which will more than likely be late at this point! in the mail it goes today though!!

I sent the card I posted yesterday, and a few others in to SU! to try for one of their contests...I never try for those, and I think I will try a few more. Wish me luck, I would love to win- but not holding my breath first time trying out!!
*ETA: I was inspired by Angie Tieman's card showcasing this color combo*

Details: Lovely as a tree, define your life. Choc Chip, & Naturals Ivory CS. Celery DS Prints paper. Choc Chip, Pumpkin, Old Olive, Mustard, Summer Sun, & Ruby Red classic inks. Timber brown stazon. Vintage Brads, wide choc chip grosgrain, hph in copper, crafters tool kit. Pin It Now!

7 comments:

bettystamps said...

I love this card and that's one of my favorite sets - good luck with your submissions!!!

denise said...

I hope that set never retires- it's timeless. Lovely card!! good luck with your submissions too!

Becky said...

Beautiful! Perfect color combo, piercing goes with that dsp perfectly, and of course I'm a sucker for the wide grosgrain!

Shannan said...

AJ!!! THIS ONE IS AMAZING!!! I really hope you submitted something like it, and if you didn't, go do it now! I love it!

Melissa said...

Ahhh....so lovely!

Angie Tieman said...

Fabulous card! I love your reasoning/explaining not using a set for awhile, it's ingenious!

Heather P. said...

WOW, this is gorgeous!