November 6, 2007

Ornaments

So, tried the snowflake technique (or starburst) on a card, but then it donned on me that they would make fabulous ornaments, PLUS I was able to use some of my pretties! The first is my favorite, not sure why, just like it better! ;)

It uses mulberry and whisper white, has four layers total, and a pearl on each side. It's just so clean and crisp looking.

The second uses vellum, is 3 layers, and the glue I used to add the sparkles gave it kind of a warped shape~ It's not as crisp and clean looking (probably why I like it less). It has a large rhinestone brad on both sides.

Maybe I should photograph them on something that isn't white, just does them justice!

Both layers are held together by the big glue dot ( I am talking the big booger like one) and the cord was placed in the middle.

Check in tomorrow~ I have a picture of my daughters FIRST day of Preschool!! WooHOO!!
She had a blast, and I wanted to cry! Busy week, she turns FOUR on Saturday!! Pin It Now!

2 comments:

Krystie Lee said...

The ornaments are beautiful!!! I'm not familiar with that technique, I'll have to check it out.

Happy early birthday to your daughter! Mine turns 2 on Sunday!

Kristin Moore said...

AJ, these are beautiful! I have avoided trying these as they look time consuming because they are so gorgeous, but seems everyone thinks they are fairly simple. Guess I'll have to follow your lead and give it a whirl! Great blog, by the way!