December 17, 2007

Can't ever have too much sparkle...


And one more from Big On Christmas~ What a fun set~ You know how some sets just work well for you, this is one for me!! These are a tad un-traditional colors for a Christmas card, but I like how it turned out.

So, I stamped the 'Happy' on shimmery white using versafine onyx. Stamped the tree again, cut, colored, adhered rhinestones to it, and mounted it with dimensionals. I used the "in" colors to color in the rest of the letters, and then went over with the stickles again. WOW! love the sparkle!!

The main blue bayou ds paper is pierced all around the edge, and the smaller is soft sky~ not sure if the lighting shows it well. Both are matted on black, (which makes everything pop!) and the sentiment is popped up on dimensionals.

Well, today we are making cookies to take up to the police department, and I am hoping to get some wrapping done as well. I would *love* to have all presents wrapped by Wednesday- that's my sons last day of school.
Have a super day!!


Details: Big on Christmas. WW, Black, & Shimmery CS. Blue Bayou & Soft Sky DS papers. black versafine, guava, wasabi, blue bayou, & soft sky classic inks. Brads, Ribbon, paper piercing tool/mat pack, dimensionals- all SU! Stickles are star dust, & rhinestones are Darice brand. Pin It Now!

10 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

Ooo, so sparkly and pretty! I love the tree cut out and embellished!

Shannan said...

This is so gorgeous...and you're so right!!

Angie Tieman said...

Super card!! It is a great set to work with. Love the non-traditional colors and sparkle too!

Gina K. said...

That card is so fabulous! Love it!!

denise/geekgirl415 said...

totally adorable- you're rockin this set!

and "mmmm cookies...mmmm" - lucky PD!

Jen said...

Fabulous! Love the paper on it and you're making me like this set! So stop it! LOL

Jackie Pedro said...

This is so cute! Love the sparkle and the tree popped up! Darling...I could kick myself for not getting this set!

Kathleen Summers said...

Happy to be back at your blog again! The Stickles kick you mentioned is working... and I LOVE the way you did that 'A' using a tree. Too cute!

jailbirdstamper said...

I love these colors for a holiday card! Nicely done!

bettybetty said...

you're right i have never heard of TOO much sparkle