December 28, 2007

A is for Ally...

I have been wanting to alter one of these paper mache letters from JoAnn fabrics for a while now, and finally found time to give one a try~
I did this one for my daughters friend for a Christmas present, they were Advent Angels at Church.

It was actually challenging to get the paper placed nicely on it! I had started out with one idea in my head, and of course, another came as a result of my constant mind changing.

I personally am not a fan of this print, so I am not overall excited about the end result...However, I am told that for a 5 year old who likes girly stuff, she was very happy. Could be the GINORMOUS prima also.
Something about it doesn't appeal to me...weird huh?
Ever make something for someone who loved it, but you weren't happy with it?

The back side is covered with the flip side of this paper which is the pink polka dots.
I hope I got enough bling and sparkle!! Each small prima has stickles, the center brad to the big flower is covered in stickles, I lined the edges with stickles, did rows of glitter and stickles, one row of microbeads, and the various rows of blingy brads. At the bottom right corner I stamped the definition You from define your life, and the miscellaneous flowers and butterflies.

I managed to pick a larger W and L to do for my kids, when time permits. This A is maybe a foot tall, the letters I got for my kids are just about 2 feet tall. Much more space to screw up if I don't like it! Pin It Now!

25 comments:

Krystie Lee said...

it's A-dorable! (corny joke) I love it! I love all of the embellishments and placements. I've been wanting to alter some letters for my daughter, this reminds me to get on that project!

Shannan said...

Well there is something wrong with you cause I love this!!!!!!!!!!! Love that big flower and of course all the bling. Ya did good, girl!

Angie Tieman said...

These are fabulous!! You did a great job, it couldn't have been easy to line that stripe up so perfectly! My friend did an "A" for me before, but I've never tried it. It's funny you used that paper and mentioned it...I had it out yesterday looking at it, a new unopened package, but didn't end up using it. Maybe I'll just go ahead and send it to you, since you're probably running low now...hee! hee!

My Paper World said...

It's beautiful!

Helen said...

They are very pretty and girly! You did a great job!

laos348 said...

I think it looks great! I can see why she would be thrilled with it.

Kendra Giles said...

love, love, love what you did with these!!!! :)

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

OH MY!!! This is absolutely stunning!! You did a fabulous job and it must have taken you for-EVER!! Great job, I'm sure 'A' just loved it!!!

Stampmouse said...

awesome A's

nowstampin said...

Love all of your projects, what a great and enjoyable Blog you have. Glad SCS led me here, now you will be in my fav's. Happy 2008.

Amanda Sewell said...

Really cute AJ! Long time no chat! How are things going with you???

I have some altered letters for DD's room but I could not find an A in the style I wanted to I got a V and plan to figure something out. Thanks for the reminder that I need to work on those!

Teresa said...

Cute, cute, cute! Who wouldn't love that??? ;)

Jackie Pedro said...

I think you did a great job on this. What girl wouldn't love all the bling?
Happy New Year!!

Sue at StampNDaly said...

That is beautiful. I have an "S" that I have not gotten to yet.

~Michelle~ said...

I think you did a good job on this too...and I'm sure a little girl would love it! I have some N's here to do...one for a boy and one for a girl....I should get at them. To be honest they intimidate me a bit!

Aunt T said...

Great job with the A. I'm sure the little girl was thrilled. I love the large Prima. Where did you find 2 foot letters? I can't wait to see those finished projects!

Teresa

Michelle said...

This A is totally Awesome! I love the stripes.

Debbi said...

This is wonderful!!! I need to look for some, my DD would love one in her room!

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous! Really great altering!

jailbirdstamper/lauri said...

My ally would love this - so I think it's fabulous! You did good!

Kelly AKA Emmiestamps said...

So cute I love it and the colors are gorgeous!

bettybetty said...

very nice! love those papers!

denise said...

Funny how that happens- and it does make you wonder- if everyone else LOVES this, why don't i? I think it's Adorable with a capital A!

Donelda said...

This is awesome - very bright and colorful and I am sure that the recepient loved it!!

Heather P. said...

I think this turned out awesome! :)