December 15, 2007

This is such a fun set to work with!


Too bad I *just* now got it! I will be using it in some of my scrap books though~
I just love how it makes a simple yet fabulous card as well.

I stamped the Noel in versafine onyx and colored in with real red, bashful, and olive. I stamped the ornament a second time, cut it out and adhered it to the card front with a dimensional, (which is also holding my gold cord down)
I went over the letters with my stickles in a very nice thick line to achieve the awesome glittery look!! I put a little stickles on the ornaments hangy-ma-bobber thing. *wink*
What is that thing called that holds the hook???

Thanks for all of your fabulously kind words about my cruddy day yesterday~ I was all geared up to attend a banquet for my husbands work last night, relax and forget about my day, and then bam, he gets called out to a barricaded subject. Happy Holidays~ the crazies are coming out!! Needless to say, we arrived a tad bit late... Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Kathy said...

This is fabulous!!!!! I was going to get this set for my Christmas cards but didn't want to do all the coloring in but seeing this makes me wish I had gotten it.

I'm really sorry about your day yesterday. I always worry about that with my kids, especially since we've got child locks in the back seats. I'm glad that it all worked out though.

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Cutie patootie, AJ!

Stamp n Sparkle said...

Your card is lovely. Simply Elegant. Sorry about your bad day yesterday, deep breath, new day today :D

Shannan said...

So cute. In my house, the thing that holds the hook is the hooker. ;)
Hope today is better!!!

Danielle Lounds said...

Beautiful card! Love the simplicity and sparkle!!!

denise/geekgirl415 said...

Awesome card - i love that set and haven't caved yet... it's perfect for single layer cards tho... hmmm.....

What a bummer about the barricaded subject... people do get weirder around the holidays, and i think they figure out somehow that there's a police party somewhere!

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

Great card! I love how you used the cord!
Hope this new week is better for you!

Amy Sheffer said...

I am SO in love with your card! So simple and absolutely perfect! I see this set with whole new eyes now - thanks!

www.chicnscratch.typepad.com said...

Love this card, it's beautiful!!!

Becky Carafa said...

Love how this turned out, AJ! So simple but cool. Love the sparkle!

jailbirdstamper said...

I wish I had gotten this set - I love the ornament as the 'O' and how it is hanging from the gold cord. 2 cute!