December 14, 2007

Ugh...slow down and enjoy the season!!!

Some days are just rough. Nothing like feeling stressed and rushed throughout what is supposed to be a joyous time of year. I was driving today to pick up a stamp set I won, and BAM!!! A HUGE rock came right at my windshield and left a crack the size and shape of a basketball! :( not cool.
Scared the bejeebers out of me, and my poor little daughter!! So, I am a bit frazzled at this point in the day.
Then, we go to have lunch with some friends, and I left the keys in the front seat, shut the door and went around to let Lauren out. Door was locked. Ugh. She was not happy. So I ask her to unbuckle and unlock her door. Not gonna happen. She can't do the bottom potion of her car seat buckle. She starts to panic and starts crying.

So far I have now traumatized my daughter not once, but twice today! Thankfully, I had the thought to have my girlfriend check my door again, and sure enough, it was not locked! Thank God! I was a nervous stressed out wreck by this point of my morning!
Lesson learned.....slow it down.

Hopefully you can stop and smell the flowers today... :) Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Shannan said...

Poor AJ! Sounds like you need to dip into mommy's little bottle of sunshine! ;)

Krystie Lee said...

Ahh, man! That's awful, I'm sorry! :( Hope your evening is better!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Oh AJ......so sorry for your rotten day, Sweetie. Hope things are looking up already....after all, it's the most wonderful time of the year! :) HUGS!

denise/geekgirl415 said...

yikes! Nothing like a big rock and a locked-in daughter to shake things up a bit. I recommend a movie, a snuggler (human or beverage) (or both!) and a big afghan to curl up with tonight!