January 5, 2008

Another challenge card done!


The Limited Supplies Challenge on SCS- was all about not using white or vanilla on your card.

This image is from Eccentric Images Rubber Stamps and is called Neil. Neil is going to be making some very cool boy cards!!
Eccentric Images has just that~ different stuff, and I think she said they will be having some new releases here shortly...check them out.

So I stamped him in black versafine on river rock, and popped him up on dimensionals. The wide panel is wide black grosgrain over textured river rock. I used my small SU! star punch and glued most of them directly on for depth, and then just popped a couple up with dimensionals. I colored Neil's bug eyes in with the White Gel pen by Signo. I think the inside of this card should read~ You're out of this world!!! In the mail it goes to my son~ he loves getting mail, and I usually don't tell him who it's from....it's a thing we do!

Well~ we are forecasted for a bit of snow over the next couple of days here in the Puget sound area~ more than likely won't happen~ but you never know! So we are working on getting the last of our windows done before the weather changes completely! I was hoping to be able to stamp today~ not in the forecast!! maybe tomorrow!!

Deatails: Neil from Eccentric Images; Brocade, Textured River Rock, Black, & River Rock CS. Black Versafine ink.
Brads from MM, dimensionals, wide black organdy (ret), and small star punch- SU!
Pin It Now!

13 comments:

Helen said...

This is sooooo cool! I particularly love what you did with the stars!

Heather P. said...

So cute! :)

Becky said...

I LOVE the stars! Very cool idea, Neill is kinda cute!

laos348 said...

Very neat! I really like the stars and how some are right onto the cardstock and the couple you popped up - it really gives the card great dimension.

Angie Tieman said...

Adorable card! The stars are awesome! And what a neat thing you have going sending them to your son! Also...congratulations on your new design team gig!! You rock! I checked out their stamps and really liked them...so different! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Nancy said...

Ohhh I love this card...just right for the young boys! I see a CASE.

geekgirl415 said...

great idea with the star punch- and i love that little alien guy!

Aimee said...

this is such a cute card... i need to try a card like this with no white or vv.... you have got me thinking with your card...

Teresa said...

What a great boy card! Love it!!!

Dawn Mercedes said...

I was tagged and now you're it too!

http://dawnmercedes.blogspot.com/2008/01/tagged.html

Jeanne S said...

Hehe........he's funny!!! I just love crazy silly images!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this....Sweet blog too!!! Glad to find another stamper in our wet state!!!

Debbi said...

Too cute, I love the stars!