January 1, 2008

Are you sick of birdies yet???


Happy New Year!!!

We whooped it up last night at home with my parents over, had fondue dinner, choc fondue for dessert, and played Guitar Hero/Rock band!

I am in the middle of rearranging my stamp room. My husband put a new window in last week, which meant I had to tear A LOT of it apart. On the upside, I can see the top of my desk again!! (It's kind of a black granite color btw, It will be buried soon enough and I will forget!!)

So, prior to my big upheaval I managed to get this done~ Yep, another birdie card. I am loving this bird!

The bird, is stamped in black stazon, and watercolored in with regal rose. Her party hat (yes, it's a her) is colored in with olive and regal, then dotted with glitter. The flourishes and polka dots are from the sweet shapes set. I stamped the flourish in olive and also lined in glitter.

It's my sons last day on his Christmas break, and we are moving a tad slow~ we may catch a movie today, or just hang out at home and play.

Hope you had a great start to your New Year!!

Deatils: A little birdie told me, Sweet shapes; WW, Black, & Olive CS, Bali Breeze DS paper. Black stazon, regal rose, & olive classic inks. Olive ribbon, tap punch, & dazzling diamonds glitter- all SU! Pin It Now!

27 comments:

Angie Tieman said...

Nope, not sick of the bird yet! I just think you're trying to convince me I need this set still!I think "she's" precious...love her glittery party hat!

Angie Tieman said...

Nope, not sick of the bird yet! I just think you're trying to convince me I need this set still!I think "she's" precious...love her glittery party hat!

Rebecca Ross said...

totally cute! I hope we get that designer paper in our new catty in April - I'm in lurve!

Kathleen Summers said...

That's a darling card. And I like your altered 'A' and all your other cute cards too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments. I love your blog and I'll be back!

Happy New Year!

XOXOXO

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

Vert cute, AJ!
You are going to convince me I need that cute birdie set!!

Lorie said...

I will never get sick of your creations! You have a great blog and are so much fun to read! :o)

Kim said...

What a cute card - have to put that set on my wishlist. Happy New Year! Kim

jpmayo said...

I will never get tired of that birdie:) My order is coming this week with that set in it, cant wait to play with it.

I love the party hat and the colors you used!

www.chicnscratch.typepad.com said...

Darling card!! I love that stamp set too! Happy New Year!

Laura said...

this is fabulous!!! I love the simplicity of the card. Just beautiful!

Jessica Lynn said...

I would still be interested in working with you with my punny set if you are interested!! :)

Jessica Lynn
www.jessicalynnoriginal.com

(I love your cards.. adorable!!)

love2Bcreative said...

You have done some awesome stuff with this stamp set AJ - how cool!
TFS~

Aunt T said...

Happy New Year. Great card. I love the birdie image!

Teresa

Michelle said...

You have a lovely blog! Your banner is great. The birdie card is super cute, too!

Jeanne S said...

Who could get tired of a cute little birdie? Very cute!!!

laos348 said...

What a great card - I love her glitter!

Teresa said...

Cute, cute, cute! Hope you are enjoying the addition to your craft room! ;)

Lori Craig said...

So stinkin' cute... love your birdie cards, Teresa! Happy New Year, sweetie!

Andria Werner said...

Caaaauuutte! I love that birdie! Great blog...I will be back. :)

Helen said...

Gorgeously simple - and simply gorgeous!

Stampmouse said...

rearranging a stamp room can be stressful. Have fun. cute bird

Claudia said...

thats a fun card.
love it.
glad i played the scs game to check out blogs.

denise/geekgirl415 said...

Super cute- i should have ordered that set when we could get the discount- drat! Your birdies and Danielle's (dlounds) are just irresistable!

Donelda said...

Love that gold swirl behind the main image. and I love the cute little birdy!!

Rita, an Inky Friend said...

Not sick of birds yet - lovely card. rita

Leanne said...

love the glittered swirls! Very cute. Birdie rocks!

Heather P. said...

Oh, I love this one!