January 29, 2008

SNOW!! Seattle style....

Okay-So I do have to share this with the rest of you that don't live here in the Pacific Northwest. We get rain once in a while, (wink) but we don't usually get snow. And when we do, the city seems to stop for some odd reason. Can you see how much is here in this photo? I think it actually measured 1/2"- 3/4". We just happened to be out of school for an in service day~ my kids were giddy with joy!

Any-how, nothing much by any means of accumulation for you Midwesterners...go ahead-you know you want to laugh!



Thankfully- EVERYONE went back to school today~Can you believe they were fighting over TOOTHPASTE yesterday? Yep, my son didn't want to share *his* toothpaste with his little sister. Um, bored are ya?

So here is today's color challenge~ YoYo Yellow! Ack! What got into Emily today? EEEW. That's why it's a challenge I suppose~ So I did what I could with it. Images are courtesy A Chemistry With Paper, Ice Cream Party.

And WHAT are those *CRAZY* looking embellishments in the four corners of the ice cream image panel????! I think I almost forgot how to use an eyelet. I can't believe I had any.

Ok~ off to plan my month away~ I happen to be taking a little trip to ANAHEIM next WEEK!!!
I am SO darned excited I can't see straight!!

Details: A Chemsitry With Paper- Ice Cream Party. Yo-Yo Yellow, Basic & Going Grey, Guava, Cocoa, Real Red, & Sky Blue. Dimensionals, Yellow Ribbon & Eyelets- SU!. Black brads- Joanns, & Liquid Applique. Pin It Now!

13 comments:

dawnsing said...

Snow? There's snow in that picture?? Heehee!!! Just teasing! Enjoy it -- maybe you can make a tiny little snowman! :)

Alexandra said...

Love the pictures, very pretty! And you card is darling, I LIKE the eyelets - LOL! Have fun in Anaheim, I am jealous since my mom lives ten minutes from there! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Becky said...

Yep, laughing here! I can still see grass, lol! Glad your kids enjoyed it. Cute card too. I skipped the challenge because I'm still cleaning up from my class and I have no yuck yuck yellow paper.

Michele Zwart said...

Oh, how I am wishing for a snow day tomorrow. If it is a snow day (I'm a teacher), I can stay home to take care of my sick son.

SeattleStamper said...

You made the YoYo Yellow work AJ! I sure loved the snow day, but I did have more than you, we had a whole 3"! Thats enough for me to say I'm working from home.

geekgirl415.com said...

Snow day! How fun is that?? Just the right amount too, hee hee!

I am just as dismayed at the color challenge today, but i did it! Your card is sweet (yummy!) even with all that yuck yuck yellow! hee hee!

geekgirl415.com said...

Oh, i forgot to add- Anaheim?? for Disneyland? WHOOOO HOOO!

Maren said...

So yummy! Love the eyelets!! :-)
Our snow won't go away...I am house bound! Anaheim? So jealous! Sending brotherly & sisterly love your kidos way! :-)

Lisa Henke said...

well, you made yo-yo look oh so yummy! I love that little sundae set. too cute.

the dreamer said...

Hi, AJ! Just wanted to thank you for joining in on the fun over at the QK Bloggers Club!

You are the Featured Blogger of the Day!

Check out the site here:
http://qkdbloggers.blogspot.com/

Thanks so much and have a great, warm day indoors, hopefully away from the cold. =)

Nina

Jackie Pedro said...

Snow? In Seattle? Wow... You really made yuck yuck yellow work (cracked me up when I read Becky's comment)! Love the sundae image. Great brads by the way!! LOL...

Have fun in Anaheim!

Elaine said...

Well dang it, you had 1/2", we had 3-4" up in North Seattle (where I live). I could not even WALK out of the driveway...ice / slippery, and then dh with the 4WD - thinking he has 'no trouble'....slid right on through the stop sign near the schools....THANK GOD school was out that day. Normally there is a mile long line up of cars there! LOL

Diane said...

AJ, just discovered your blog through your featured artwork on Queen Kat's Blogger Club. I'm SO GLAD I found you. I love your work. Your layouts are wonderful. Good eye for balance...great inspiration. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on being featured blogger on QKBC! Well deserved!