January 22, 2008

So, I am not the quickest at 3 in the am...

LONG night last night. L-O-N-G.
My son was up with his normal night terrors, my dh got home 4 hours late, set off the house alarm, woke up my daughter and I both, and when I *finally* got back to sleep around 2:30ish....

The *freakin'* air compressor thingy-majobber tool that my dh was using in my son's room (where BOTH kids are sleeping mind you) started up at 3 am. ALL by itself. Have you heard the noise those things make??

Freakishly LOUD! Especially at 3 in the am when you have already been woken up several times. So, what do I do? I try to turn it off, pull some thingy off and it starts making more noise. I am amazed that I am the *only* one who is up at the moment. I pace around, and with my less than rested head just stare at it. Where is the off button? (Never used this machine, can ya tell??) I gave up, and woke up Jeff.

Me:
How the *bleep* (it's not pretty this time of the morning!) do you turn this darn thing off???
Him:
Unplug it.

Me:
Doh! Why couldn't I think of that??? pretty darn simple if ya ask me!

Anyhoo....I am moving slow today, manage to stamp a color challenge...it's pretty self explanatory.
Very Kristina Werner~ish.
clean and simple like imo.

Sorry about the lighting in the photo, very bright outside~ can't seem to get a good photo with my new "low "e windows hubby is replacing. The reason the air compressor thingy is upstairs, and NOT in the garage I guess.

Have a great day!!

Details: Wonderful Favorites, Short & Sweet, Baroque Motifs. Sky, Blue Bayou, & Red. Stickles, dimensionals, ribbon, and paper piercing tool. Pin It Now!

19 comments:

Krystie Lee said...

I'm sorry you had such a hard night! Sounds awful!

This card is awesome, though!! You're right, very "K.Werner"! Loves it!

Shannan said...

Oh, AJ!! I love this!!!!!!!!

Now go take a nap!

Michelle said...

Great card! Sorry you had such a hard night. I must say that it made for a good read! :)

Michelle

Debbi said...

What a night!!! Then you made a great card for your DH! I love the accent piercing. Very nice! Hope all goes better tonight!! :)

Becky said...

Sorry to hear about your rough night! Hope tonight is better.
Your card is gorgeous, and is totally kwerner-ish, I love it!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Ah, AJ -- so sorry about the rough night. Cute card though! ;)

Heather Summers said...

So I am totally cracking up at your story! I feel so bad for you, but being there with the air compressor and YES IT'S SUPER LOUD I understand completely!!! Great card for little rest!!!

denise said...

wow! what a lousy night- esp with the loud noises!!! and your hubby slept thru the compressor?? and THEN you made a CARD for him!?!?! LOL! Despite being sleep deprived, Great Card!

SeattleStamper said...

Wow AJ, thats one rough night, I won't complain that I'm tired now. I love your card, the layout is great!

Angie Tieman said...

Very cute, love the striking simplicity! Sorry for your night-time woes, maybe you should launch that compressor-thingy out the window!

Jackie Pedro said...

Your lack of sleep has not zapped your mojo...this card is awesome. Hope tonight is a bit better and sleep comes easier....

Aimee said...

This looks great to me... hope tonight is a little better

Jailbird said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh that's a *bad* night!
and yet you still came up with a great card design!

Heather P. said...

What a pretty card!! Love the colors...

Sorry to hear you had such an awful night... Hopefully you'll get nothing but uninterrupted peace and quiet tonight. :)

I tagged you on my blog if you'd like to play along...

Maren said...

So so pretty! Hope you sleep better tonight!

Sandy O said...

3AM!!!! Yikes!!! Love the color combo you used for this card.

If you have net been already, I am tagging you, I hope you don't mind :)

The rules of the game:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Laura said...

oh my gosh AJ!!!!!! you poor thing!! cute card though!! :)

Lastel said...

This is very cute , love it !

Dianne said...

Your card is darling and your story was very funny. I often wonder how my family can sleep through some of the things they do, too.