February 6, 2008

That's right girls.....


I went there! Yep, that's summer sun! And brilliant blue. Last week's CC (yuk yoyo yellow) spurred the color scheme.

I have a class this week and it occurred to me that I use the same color schemes a lot...which do not include these two! So, out they came, and you know what...I kind of like it!! Might be the fact that my High School colors were blue and gold, so it just seems to work.
And this is such an interesting size card to work with. It would probably work well with the longer images, which will be my next project. The birds were paper pieced here- love that with these birds.

It's and 8-1/2 x 3. and it fits perfect in the legal size envies.

Does anyone use summer sun or brilliant blue any more?? Anyone?
What do you think...does it work, or is it just me?

Details: A little birdie told me. Summer Sun, Brilliant Blue, Naturals White, & RR Prints DS paper. Black versafine ink, Summer Sun & Brilliant Blue markers to color in the hat. Photo corner punch, Brads, RR DS Ribbon, & Paper piercing tool. Pin It Now!

7 comments:

mudmaven said...

I love that color combination! Of course, I also liked yy/bg/gg and I know lots of folks didn't. (I made a valentine with it believe it or not)
TFS ~chris

Lisa Henke said...

of course it works, you made it look great. I do use these two colors on scrapbook pages from time to time because I have all boys, for some reason it says boy to me. great card. I'm sure your ladies will love it!

Becky said...

Nope, don't use them, but they definitely work here with these birdies!

jackie said...

I never use these colors but on this card they look great!

RaeAnne said...

i love how you used blue with yellow.. two of my many favorite colors..

amazing job

RaeAnne

Alexandra said...

Very cute even if you had to use yellow - LOL! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Angie Tieman said...

Soooo cute! You did a great job with the combo, not easy, I know! Have fun on your trip, can't wait to hear all about it!