March 25, 2008

color challenge 159 and the candyburglar


I just love these colors together! What a great combo!! I went with a clean and simple design, and I just love the outcome!
I stamped the branch in basic grey, and then again in sky and cut the leaves out and glued them onto the circle.

Below....this is the result of leaving my daughter alone while cleaning my office yesterday~I did manage to find the stamp set I had misplaced, and I still have a lot of organizing to do, but I have a great start. I will work some more after I pick up the candy burglar from preschool this afternoon. Sheesh.

I can't leave her alone for a minute with her Easter basket. I found it hidden in a fort they had built under some blankets in the tv room.

off to hide the remainder of the candy!


Details:
stamps: spring solitude
CS: Black, sky, Basic grey, Shimmery White
Inks: Sky, Basic Grey
access: hph in pewter, basic grey taffeta, dimensionals, paper piercing tool, punches- all SU!
Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Becky said...

Love the card, AJ - very crisp and fresh! Hope your little candy burglar doesn't get sick!

Maren said...

Love this card!! Such a fabulous layout for that little birdie!
I was laughing about your candy burglar...that is TOTALLY me! Although I have evolved into the candy hoarder now! ;-)

Vera said...

What a wonderful design, AJ! I feel a CASE coming on! Thanks for the inspiration.

Shannan Teubner said...

Love this card! OMG did you have to peel her off the ceiling???

Melzie said...

Very good!!! What a fun kind of challenge! It's been a long time since I've done one-- you make me want to!! :)

Heather P. said...

LOL, that's hilarious... My DD is a lot like that too! :)

Your card is gorgeous!

Jen said...

Love the card! I just got this set today and your card has inspired me to use it now!

Too funny about the candy...that would be my two year old.

Angie Tieman said...

Gorgeous card! So crisp and clean! Lol about your daughter...I am her!!

Teresa said...

Love what you did for the color challenge, AJ! Simply lovely!!!

Chrissy said...

I hope the little candy burglar doesn't get a tummy ache.

Great card very fresh looking.

Chrissy said...

I hope the little candy burglar doesn't get a tummy ache.

Great card very fresh looking.

Angel said...

Love the clean look of this card and the simple layout ~ would work well with any set! And how funny about the candy burglar! I've been finding wrappers everywhere!! Great blog!

Tanja said...

This is a great card! I love the way the branch continues past the circle. What a beauty! I'm so glad I have this set.

Corie said...

Love this -- so beautiful and elegant