March 1, 2008

Happy Weekend!!!


Wow...What a long week. My son is on his way to antibiotic happiness...(the ear pain has already decreased), and our schools auction was a huge success, but very tiring. We managed to raise a little over $17,000.00.

That was where the majority of my time this week was spent....helping with getting it all together. Not much stamping was done this week, but I plan to fix that first thing Monday morning!! I have some brand new stamps from A Chemistry With Paper that I have been waiting to ink up!

Here is a card I had in my pile to share~ it is from the Unity Stamp Company, gratitude = joy.
I love the simple floral images in this one. I tried the ribbon dyeing technique that was shown in the SU magazine, but I am not as patient as they are...mine did look to bleed a little- it's not as crisp as it could be. Another day I will try again. A little hard to see, but there are stickles on the little flowers.

I am off to the beach~ the weather seems to be holding for us, so I can't wait to get there!

Details: Gratitude = Joy, Unity Stamp Company.
CS: Coral, Cocoa, WW, Linen Prints DS paper.
Inks: Coral, Always Artichoke. Coral marker for ribbon.
Paper piercing tool, ribbon, SU!. Stickles.
Pin It Now!

7 comments:

denise said...

Amazing job with the school auction- that rocks!

Love the little flowers on that card- SWEET!!

Becky said...

Congrats on the huge success with the auction!
I love the simplicity of this stamp, it's so fresh and uncluttered!

Jackie Pedro said...

Great card, AJ! 17,000 for your school auction? Fantastic! Have a great weekend!!

Angie Tieman said...

Very pretty! Love the dyed ribbon! And congrats on the great auction!

erinkmckinney (stampininthesun) said...

Love this card...the colors, the layout, and the stamp is really nice..I like how it's simple yet elegant!

Maren said...

Very pretty card! Congrats on the fundraiser and I am happy your little guy is feeling better!

Tandra said...

Very pretty! LOVE th ebackground paper!
I havent tried the ribbon dyed edges yet, but it looks pretty!