April 6, 2008

Never a fun card to make...


And I never keep sympathy cards around. I prefer to make them as the situation arises, hoping that it never actually will. The stamps are from the stylized flowers and spiritual sentiments both from A Chemistry With Paper.


I love these colors together, very soft and calming. The base is Blush Blossom. This is a color I *never* like until very recently. I don't even own the ink pad! *making a mental note to order it!*

The mat is coral, (another color growing one me, however I own two of this pad!?)
chocolate, and then blush again.
I left this a tad on the simple side~ not wanting it to be too busy.

This is our last official day of spring break! I made it!! It gives me hope for the summer now. ;)
I am off to the store, we are out of milk! and all other food like items it seems. My kids motto this week: when bored, check the kitchen. Pin It Now!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful card!

Maren said...

That is my motto too!! ;-) Love this card....such pretty colors for a sympathy card.

Beverley & Carol said...

AJ...what a beautiful card...I don't keep sympathy cards as extra's either for the same reason as you...In fact over the weekend my fav uncle passed away...I will be posting that card at the end of the week when things get back to normal around here...My sympathy to you and your family on your loss.
STAMPIN' HUGS
Beverley

Erin K said...

It's lovely, I'm sorry you needed it.

I have a few on hand, just in case I need one but I'm too busy or stressed to make one right then. But I have a few designs of sympathy I make over and over. They are such sad cards, I really like elegant simple designs like yours for them.

:) thanks for sharing, it's really beautiful, I am sure it will bring comfort.

denise said...

Lovely card- very elegant and appropriate... i'm sorry you need one tho...:(

Wacky Stephanie said...

This is elegant and beautiful. *HUGS*

Maria Levine said...

This came out very nice. I hear you on making sympathy cards I always felt like I shouldn't make them for some reason. Sorry that you had to make one all the best.

Jackie said...

I love blush blossom! A sympathy card is never a fun card to make, but yours is beautiful...

My lifes inky escape and more said...

Very soft and pretty. And yes these occasions are tough!