April 4, 2008

So funny!!! and Breaking news

Here is a card for today's LSC~ WOW! Use white with *only* one other color. Seemed simple. Not so much!

I first stamped my whale in black with the intent on coloring him in with my new copics, but then I realized, black was not ok.

So here is the finished version~White with Soft Sky. I scalloped the white with my corner rounder, used Elizabeth fibers for my ribbon, popped up both the whale image and the whole mid section with dimensionals. I tried stamping 'get whale soon' in white on the sky base, but it really didn't show well at all. Thus the row of brads!
humorous pictures
And I stumbled on this picture last night while wasting time on the computer~
I can't look at this site and not laugh! For some reason I just sit and giggle like my 4 year old does after she toots. (She says toot, must be a girl thing)

So lets see- day number 5 of spring break and we are doing well!! Only one injury, a few minor fights, one incident with a rubber band gun and an eye, a few play dates, a few days at the ocean, and movie night. Today is looking yukky out, so the kids will be having friends over again.

And in other breaking news~

I am going to be published! Yea! I really haven't done any submitting for no other reason than- just didn't do it, but I sent a few cards in March, and one got picked up by Paper Trends mag, August/September issue! So, now of course I am thinking I should continue this and fill up their in boxes monthly! :)



Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Amy said...

Freakin' llama! LOL Love the card, and congratulations on getting published. Whooo hoooo!

retiredheather said...

Congrats on getting published. I look forward to seeing your work.
Retired Heather

Krystie Lee said...

Super huge congrats on being published!!!! I knew it wouldn't be long if you started submitting! YAY!!!

Nice humps, hehe. My daughter toots and then yells "bless you!!" It's confusing when you're only two! ;)

Maria Levine said...

Great card! Congrats on being published that is awesome!

Angie Tieman said...

Precious card, so soft and sweet! Great solution with the brads for covering your saying too! And CONGRATS on being published! You go girl!

Linsey said...

Oh, glad to hear you're still sane, hehe! AJ, congrats on being published!!! whoo hoo, that is so awesome! I'm thrilled for you! Of course a bit more, since I've met you irl--so I'm sorta all hoity toity like, I know a famous stamper, lalalala lala!! lol!Now I must get make sure to get the Sept issue of Paper Trends. And you did a Whale of a job on this card too! I'm lovin' it! hugs and happy weekend

Angie said...

Congrats on being published! Definitely keep filling up their mailboxes. I think it is so neat to see names of people in the mags that I "know" from the blogging world. And thanks for checking out my blog and commenting!

Carla said...

CONGRATS! I am on the ACWP DT with you, and I thought if I awarded you, it would remind me to visit your blog more often! So, you've been awarded! Come see my blog to get your award!

Maren said...

CONGRATS!!! Can't wait to get my hands on that issue and frame your page!

denise said...

Congrats on getting published!!! Love the card- that's an awesome challenge.. will have to try that one....

and that llama is HOT! she's got HUMPS!

Monique Van Keuren said...

Wow AJ I love this card! It is just perfect! Great Job!

Lori Craig said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!