April 13, 2008

So very fun and difficult!



I bought the simply swanky soldering kit at impress a while back, and finally thought I would give it a whirl~ At least I have a base line I can follow now, and a class to look forward to. It is *not* as easy as I thought it would be~ and I am wondering if my tool is defective since it doesn't seem to maintain consistent heat.

I stamped the bird image (Lockhart stamps) onto the afternoon tea paper, and then stamped again on shimmery white and cut the body/wings out and adhered to the paper. The birds are colored in with copic G00 (*LOVE* that color!!) I used the "a" from typeset alpha on the flipside. I like it....but definitely want it smoother looking. more practice! And the jump ring....ugh! wow, that was a challenge!

Last night's Tip-A-Cop went really well. Huge turnout, lots of cool cars/vans, the K-9 was there, and I even got arrested and paraded through the restaurant. (My son cooked that up I am told) They then took a Polaroid of me bent over the squad car, cuffed for each of my kids......"show and tell" my son said. Pin It Now!

11 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, you are very ambitious! It turned out beautiful, though. Glad your event went well, gotta love your kids!

Maren said...

WOW! Great job, AJ! I am so impressed!

Shannan Teubner said...

Hey, ya did good!! :)

denise said...

Wow!! That looks great! We have a Tip a Cop on the 23rd- those are fun! I'm glad you finally got arrested... 'bout time!

SeattleStamper said...

Woo Who, you did it! I love it AJ, great job this penant.

Simonne said...

Love your pendant. I got one of those sets from CKC in Bellevue a couple of years ago. I've used it once! I'm not very patient through the learning process.
Funny to hear about your night out, it sounds like fun. I don't think my hubby department does that, but they should! :)

Simonne said...

Your pendant looks great! I bought one of those a few years about at CKC in Bellevue. I've used it once! I'm not very patient through the learning process.
Your night out sounds like fun! I don't think my hubby's department does that, but they should! :)

Angie Tieman said...

I think you did a GREAT job with these!! I tried it once, with the help of TexasGrammy, and it IS hard! I couldn't get it perfect (my first try, of course) so I tend to give up in frustration. I need to try again too, you've inspired me to dig my supplies out again this weekend!

Krystie Lee said...

These look FABULOUS! I've eyed that kit at Impress many times, but I'm scared!

Tandra said...

O.M.G.!!! You got the BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rofl

AJ these look FABULOUS!!!!
I have still only made the one I have on my blog. I must keep up with AJ!!! hee hee
Great job!

Linsey said...

AJ, I'm so glad you got around to using it, these are absolutely fabulous!! I really love them and I would totally buy something like this, they look so professional! I think you got it down, girl! I'm scared of this tool myself, though--I'll leave the really cool stuff to you, hehe! Can't wait to c ya Sat!