May 15, 2008

A Party, A page, and A new toy....


Sheesh~ where has the week gone!?

I have been neglectful of my blog lately, as soon as things slow down around here, maybe I can get better at posting.

Here is a layout I did for Unity's release party tonight.
(9 pm Central time on SCS)
I can vouch for the images, I already put my order in~ You will need them!

Anyhow~ I did buy a Janome sew mini a while back, and just now managed to try it out~ on Maren's advice. So easy, so much better than fabric, blah, blah, blah. So I whip it out, turn it on....and nope. We DON'T get along!!
I almost emailed Maren....then I noticed I forgot to put the foot down! Ok, so it is *much* easier when your machine is properly set up! To prove I got the hang of it, I sewed my pictures on over the sloppy job of the papers! Maren, You were right!!!
And ever since my class with Ali Edwards, I am so just putting stuff on paper! this is a lot busier than I would normal go, but I like it!

Make sure you stop by the forums tonight for your chance to WIN some of her new kits and or singles!

I am off to cook dinner on the bbq, the dun overslept this morning, but it is finally out!
woohoo! we are going to be in the 80's this weekend!

And, I am not posting what kits I used on this layout for a reason...would make it too easy for, well, you'll just have to check out the party tonight!! ;) Pin It Now!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Such a fabulous page, AJ! Lauren is just too sweet!!!

Angie Tieman said...

This is fabulous!!! Great layout, great stamps, great accents, great photos!

Shannan Teubner said...

Love it AJ!

Lauren said...

Great layout!

Maren said...

FABULOUS, AJ! I am so glad it worked well for you. I got a bit scared as I was reading at first....even broke a sweat! :-) See....sewing machines are our friends! Anyways, LOVE ALL the stuff...you put it together magically! The new sets are amazing too! ;-) Happy Friday!

Sara said...

this is great! all of your elements work great together

Lisa H. said...

cute, cute, and cute! love the colors, the stamps, the buttons and all the sewing. keep at it, it really is fun to use!

Heather said...

Love this layout, I have this set and I love what you did!!