July 7, 2008

More Quick and Easy Cards

How was your fourth?!?
I managed to score a nice sunburn, eat too much junk food, and light off a ton of things that shoot, whistle, explode, and pop!

There was a major low tide on the 4th, and the kids were able to see star fish, moon snails, sea anenomes and all sorts of cool things that swim and crawl in the water. The beach always seems to provide a nice biology lesson when we get there on low tide days.


My sons teacher is expecting her first child, and loves to make her own cards. So I thought I would make her a gift set with a bunch of pre-made baby thank you's just using patterned paper and easy-peasy layouts. She tells me she's always looking for quick and easy ideas.




I figured I could make her a little tin for the cards, and then she could store her little trinkets in it.

I have never been one to make a bunch of these lunch boxes, but who can resist a major sale at Jo-Ann's??? ;)

anyhoo...which is your fave? I think the lion is my favorite one. He is colored with my copics, (and I just learned that the proper name is tole, never knew that!!) and his head is cut and mounted on dimensionals. Simple tole? Learn something every day.

Countdown to Chicago is on....next week!! Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Becky Carafa said...

AJ, these are all adorable! Great gift, and I think the lion is my fave too.

Angie Tieman said...

Awww, what an awesome gift set! She will love it!

Julia said...

Adorable!

joslyn said...

very cute. i love the simple lines.

Cyndi Bundy said...

What an adorable gift set! She will absolutely love it!!

dougnat said...

these projects are totally cute! LOVE that lion...thinking I made need him now!!!