July 13, 2008

one quarter of the way through....


This is what it looked like yesterday morning at Spanaway Junior High...Mile marker 53 was the final stop for most of the cyclists yesterday on their way down to Portland. This was 1/4 of the way through the whole event, and the half way point if you were doing it in two days. They had 10,000 participants in this years race.

We drove down to meet my husband, considering it was only a 1/2 drive and it took him 4 hours to get there!

Here are some of my fave pictures from the stop. The bikes and people seem to go for miles! And, if you had to stop for the oh-so awful smelling port a potty, the line was a good half hour long.

He is still not home, but he did call today to let me know he made it, and will be home later after they drive back. I for one, am much more fond of the 3 hour car drive over the 210 miles of sitting on a bike seat down to Portland. But, to each his own. ;) Pin It Now!

2 comments:

retiredheather said...

Congrats to your husband. Be nice and look after his tired bum...oh I mean body. LOL

Heather said...

OMG He is crazy!! Better him than me!!