August 25, 2008

it's Monday, start the countdown!

Till school starts next week!! YIPPPPEEEE!
I mean don't get me wrong, I love my kids, I just love being able to run to the grocery store with our someone following along 12 paced behind picking things up and asking "Mom can we get this?"


And it doesn't help that my husband has put in for every possible out of state training he can find. He is in Oklahoma this week blowing things up again.
Also-we have some weather issues this week...Usually August is pretty darn hot and very much enjoyable...It's been like October this last two weeks and I had to put socks on the other day!
Oh well.....soon we will be in the warm Anaheim weather, hopefully our normal PNW comes back soon!!

on to the cards...The first is for the CPS sketch #79. I took some liberty with it and moved my flower to the left...The second card is from Shannan!! As amazing as it is, she not only managed to get this card in the mail to me, I managed to share it! ;)
both things are issues we are working on!!!


I am stilllllll cleaning out my office, I will find some more stuff to give away here!!!
For now I have to go see why my son is asking for his toenails to be painted.... {insert confused look here!} Pin It Now!

16 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

YAY US!!!

Um, toenails painted??? YIKES!

Jen said...

i love that first card! great job! i love those little birds! how fun! and i'm with you on kids back to school....i love having them home, but then when i'm here with just my baby, i can get SO much done! yippy!! here's to more time with paper, stamps and photos!!:)

great job on the sketch!

Amy said...

Wow, you and Shannan are totally on the ball. LOL Great card! I love those little birds!
--amysings

Mandy said...

I LOVE the card with the little birdies! HOW FUN! :) School started today around here. I used to teach, so it's still weird not to be in school. My kids are not old enough for school yet, but we sent a bunch of teens back at church!! (My husband is the youth minister.) Crazy times... I can't believe it's time for school again.

Lea L. said...

Your card is so ca-ute! I just love the little birdies stacked one on another...just adorable!! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~lea

Kathryn said...

So cute!!
Love the colors you chose and the stamped images --so pretty! :)

chelemom said...

I love both cards!!!

The Moores said...

I love the cards!! Makes me wish we could spend the evening making cards over drinks. AH....Good times. Did you buy your ticket yet? I am squared away with getting the Rat/mouse!!
Miss you!!!

~amy~ said...

LOVE both of your cards..woo hoo for your son!!!

Heather said...

LOVE that first card, sooo CUTE!!!

Bunny B said...

Great cards! Love those birds!

Anne-Marie said...

What cute cards, AJ! Love them!!

Ashley said...

Ohhh, I love these cards! You are so inspiring!

Jenny Mick said...

Cute cards!!

Linda Beeson said...

Love both cards but the one using the CPS sketch is great!

Charity Hassel said...

oh, darling work! love the birds! thanks for using the cps sketch!