September 7, 2008

Happy Monday! A card and some candy

It's challenge time again for Maren, Amber, Jennifer, and I. We went with Scalloped paper for this week!

I went waaaaaay out of my normal card style with this one, but I love it!!!!
I used my long rectangle nesties to make the top flap and adhered it to the pink card stock piece.

The 'love u!' is using MM tina alpha ledger stickers on a SEI tag. You know the skull- UNITY STAMP CO! (and also the 'I heart') on the maya road journaling tag. A little ribbon, a button, another little sticker from MM, some bling from MAMBI......The whole card is right under 3.5" LOVE it!

So I am still getting used to this back to school schedule with both kids playing soccer, Lauren starts school tomorrow. And just when we may have it down- we leave! 6 days till Disney!!! I am pretty excited for the kids! Still trying to figure what fun way to tell them.....

Some gals were talking about collecting/swapping buttons and other Disney things that are big- anyone have any other ideas/suggestions???
anything...?

And, in honor of celebrating my birthday coming up- I am offering up more "stuff"....
This is a stack of 6x6 brown and pink/white patterned paper, some buttons, and primas!

have a super day- check back tomorrow....I will be showing off my preschooler on her first day of pre-k! :) Pin It Now!

25 comments:

mudmaven said...

Happy Birthday - soon! There's tons of Cuttlebug Disney and various maker die cut Disney stuff too that would be good for trading! ~chris

Angie Tieman said...

wow! This is so stinkin' awsome!! Love it!

Maren said...

So fun! I just love this design!

Ashley said...

Happy early birthday. 21, right?? It's so exciting you guys are going to Disney! I can't wait to take my son there! It's gonna be so exciting!

Bunny B said...

Rockin' card! It's funky yet sweet! Love it! :)

Laura said...

Hearts and Skulls... who'da thunk it!

Ooooo, Buttons! I LOVE buttons!

ladyb266 said...

Happy early Bday!!! Have a fun time at Disney too!!! cute card by the way!!! TFS!~Heidi
ladyb266@aol.com

Kathy H said...

Wow the kids are going to love it...And Happy Birthday!!! Please put me in your drawing...Thanks Kathy Hering...

Char-The Mad Shopper said...

Warm, understanding, forgivefull home to scrapbbok items. I will take them out daily and ahhhh them. Sounds like a perfect match? lol
BTW Happy Birthday.

~amy~ said...

skulls and scallops...that totally rocks!

Ravengirl said...

Which day is actually your birthday? I have a good home in which to house that candy! And I am even in Western Washington!!!

Jenn said...

AJ, I LOVE that card. (love is toxic is a fav set of mine)

Have a great time at Disneyland, I'm so jealous, the kids will be super excited. Can't wait to hear how you tell them.

Amber said...

SO cute AJ! Love that skull card, you went out of your style but it WORKS! Love it:)
Oh, you can send that bag o' buttons to me:D

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Happy (almost) Birthday, AJ!

That card is so stinkin' cute!! Totally adorable, and it totally rocks! It's fun ot slip out of your 'usual style' every once in a while, right? ;)

Vickilyn said...

Love the card!! My birthday is coming up too!!!

Hope you have a happy one!

cathygalloway89 said...

Happy birthday and enjoy your trip!!

Kerry A said...

Can't wait to see your little preschooler...my oldest just started Kindergarten! No ideas here for how to tell your kids about Disneyland but no matter how you do it they are of course going to be super excited! Happy Birthday!

Becky Carafa said...

Wowzers, I love it! Too cool, love the dsp inside and the tab on the side. Have fun at Disney!

Doris said...

great design, cute candy:D

Sena said...

Sweet cards! :D



sena.sagani[at]gmail.com

Jennifer Buck said...

Oh my gosh! This is the CUTEST ever! I love it, AJ! :)

The Crafty Den said...

What a cute card, very unusual. Have a great time in Disney and have a fabbo birthday. BTW I love buttons *wink*. Lots of love, Denise x

daiseyfreak said...

happy birthday. I am loving your skull from Love is Toxic, I just bought that set and need to break it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday...recently purchased some nestabilities...love to see idea's using them...will have to try this card also...enjoy your trip

Shirley

Heather said...

I just discovered your blog. You've got some super fun stuff on here!