November 13, 2008

SSnotime61



It's another Stamp Simply Challenge! This one called for a fun fold, anything other than your standard or top folding card.

I went with what I have always called a box card, it opens up just like a box, and you can put something inside if it's relatively flat. Should you be interested in trying this, I made an attempt a while back to show how to here.
Julie Koerber also has a fabulous tutorial to do this same thing here.

It uses a sheet of printer paper for the folded portion, so I adhere a piece of cardstock to the back so it's not to flimsy.

I stamped the mug in memento ink and colored it in with my copics.
The paper is from LAD pretty papers line and for the inside of the card I just stamped the snowflake on bordering blue to mimic the pattern in the paper.

Here is the rest of the team-

Check out Sharon Johnson's sample here.
Check out Julie Koerber's sample here.
Check out Cathy Tidwell’s sample here.
Check out Jennifer Buck’s sample here.
Check out Janine Orchard’s sample here.
Check out Tammy Hershberger’s sample here.
Becky Oehlers has visitors this week — have fun, Becky!
Dee Jackson is taking a much need break — get some rest, Dee!

Posted by Picasa
Details: Stamps- Lizzie Anne Designs- Christmas in the City. Pretty papers- LAD, WW, & bordering blue card stock. Black Gingham ribbon- JoAnn fabrics, brads- SU pretties kit. Memento ink, Copic Markers.


Pin It Now!

12 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

AJ, this box card is wonderful and it REALLY intrigues me!!! I have never seen it and tomorrow when I'm more awake I'll click on over to see your tutorial on it!!! What a great idea -- thanks so much for sharing!!! Love it!!!

catdidit said...

OH neat! I'm like Sharon and have never seen this before! How cool! LOVE it AJ!!

Janine said...

AJ This is the neatest thing!! I have never seen anything like this before either!! What a great idea!!
Have a wonderful weekend !!

The Rubber Maid said...

I've done a box card before and love the idea of opening it up and finding a treat like that. Very cute. Pat

Tammy Hershberger said...

At first I thought it was just a gate-fold card and I thought "whew! I'm glad I didn't do that, too!" because I almost did. But it's way more than a gate-fold and very cool! I'll have to check out your tutorial sometime!

Julie Koerber said...

I laughed when I saw your post AJ-- I was so close to doing this too! The "recipe" I have is for a square box - You can check it out here:
http://outtoimpress.blogspot.com/2008/02/card-and-tutorial.html

Have a great weekend!
Julie

Mandy said...

Oooh! This is way fun! I've never seen this before! How fun and pretty, and I love that it has cocoa in it!! :)

Sandra Smart said...

This is so very cute!

Shemaine said...

This is a great idea!! Really cute and thanks for leaving me some love on my blog. I loved casing your card!

Jennifer Buck said...

How CUTE! This is such a great idea! LOVE it! TFS! Hope you are having a great weekend! :)

Lisa said...

This is very cool! I am a big fan of interactive cards (even if I don't do them often myself - ha!) and this is just awesome!

Thank you for your kind words on my blog. :) I am very familiar with your work (thru SCS and Unity) and am a big fan! :)

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

AWESOME ... I've never seen this one done! I'll have to check out your tutorial. TFS