November 30, 2008

Stamp Simply Celebrates! Cookie Recipe Exchange

Day one is here! It's a Cookie Recipe Exchange!
Janine challenged us to come up with a cookie recipe and some festive holiday packaging.

First- here is my easy recipe:
Swirled Holiday Snowball Cookies
  • 1 1/2 Cups butter softened
  • 3/4 cups powdered sugar
  • 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp. Salt
  • 3 cups Flour
  • 1 2/3 cups Nestle Toll House Swirled Holiday Morsels (pictured below)
  • 1/2 Cup finely chopped nuts

preheat oven to 375

cream butter, sugar, and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in morsels and nuts. Shape level teaspoons of dough into 1 1/4 " balls. Bake on ungreased sheets for 10-12 minutes. Shake extra powdered sugar on as garnish.

ok- So, I made these last year- yum! We ate them all- I made this batch yesterday and skipped making them into balls- You can just drop onto the cookie sheet as well if you choose to. The first picture of cookies is with sugar, and the second is how they look coming straight out of the the oven. They remind me of Russian tea cakes. Very buttery!!

I found the gift tin in the dollar section of target of course, and simply placed the cookies in a cello bag with some pretty ribbon and a fun little tag. Thanks Janine for the inspiration!!







Make sure to check out Janine, Darlene, Jerri, Barb, Jennifer, & Deb's recipes!

Hope you join us in this challenge~ when uploading to SCS make sure to use SSC08
and link it back to Janine's blog!

eta- make sure to stop by Sharon's blog- wish her a congrats on hitting 1,000,000 hit mark and enter to win her blog candy!


Details: Stamps- SU! (hostess set?)
real red, choc chip, & shimmery white CS.
silver cord- SU!, Silver eyelet- MM
Nestibilities; ribbon- May Arts; Poinsettia flower- MM; MS branch punch
Pin It Now!

15 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

AJ, your cookies look DELICIOUS and your presentation is wonderful!!! I LOVE your pail, and it reminds me that I have a similar pail that cholocates came in - hhhmmmm, I'd better find it!!! GREAT job!!!

Becky said...

YUM!!! Love the cute pail!! What a sweet idea!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

What festive cookies and marvelous presentation! Yummy!!!

Maria Levine said...

AJ!! adorble project!! I have been STRESSING because on Sunday I have to go to a cookie party!! I don't bake and I can't go to the bakery! :-( I might have to try your recipe. TFS!

WELCOME to my blog, Explore. Dream. Discover. said...

Your ribbon with the pail is perfect, AJ. I love the tag and sounds like your recipe is a winner!

Leslie Miller said...

Okay, I've got to make these cookies...they sound so easy and SO yummy! I'm having the best time looking at all the samples for packaging. Wow! Love the pail and tag. Each sample is so different from the last one. This is FUN!! They're great ideas, even if you don't use them for cookies!

Janine said...

What a fabulous job AJ... What a wonderful way to start off the week.
Have a great day!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Mmmmmmm ... these cookies look so good and so festive! Great pretty packaging idea ... how cute! Thanks for the recipe!

LeAnne said...

Mmmm, these are packaged so nicely!
Yummy!
LeAnne

Tracey said...

They look yummy!! Fabulous project!!

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my gosh AJ, I love this! What a fantastic gift, cookies in a pail. So festive, with a a fabulous presentation! Those cookies are making me soooo hungry!

Jennifer Buck said...

Cute, cute, cute, AJ! LOVE this! The cookies look so yummy! :)

Ashley said...

Mmmm, yummy! I have got to make those, they look delish! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy H. said...

The cookies sound like they'd just melt in my mouth! Love the packaging - so easy!! TFS

Tammy Hershberger said...

Adorable project, AJ! I love your little tin pail, and the tag to with it is awesome! Those cookies sound really good, too!