May 21, 2009

hip hip hooray!

It's HIP HOP today! Today we are celebrating our freedom, independence, and celebrating our heroes.

This card uses the new kit confession, the scroll is from the folk inspired kit, and the background is the stars of worn. I think it would have looked good on Kraft instead. I am thinking I will switch to red, kraft, & blue. please inform everyone those are the "new" patriotic colors. ;)


I love this picture of my son and dh. My Son is just so proud of his dad, he can't help but beam from ear to ear when he watches him get ready for work. He was almost 5 here in this photo. I think he's about 2 feet taller now!! :) and I would have to say he is my hero, for more reasons than just his job.

My layout uses the same background as the card, the star is from the January kit, and the alpha is the just my type. If you didn't get a chance to see the video tutorial on how to use the SAMJ with your unity handles to make backgrounds, it still may be up over at my unity place- go check it out!

ok- make sure to head on over to Jimmi next! Pin It Now!

32 comments:

Tinker and JingeBear's Mom said...

You make me laugh. Out LOUD. Kraft...BOBL!! Beautiful work, too, but you are just adorable!
~ky

Jacqueline said...

Kraft would work for me as a new patriotic color! ;) silly woman! :D
These are wonderful creations! Great inspiration!

StampinCathy said...

Fabulous projects and so inspring.

Shannon said...

OMG......I'm with you on the new colors!!!!

Great projects for today!!!

JenMarie said...

Fabulous!

Karen J. said...

Love both your projects and your patriotic tribute!!

FibreJunky said...

Oooh, ooh, yes!!! Redo it in Kraft!! Please??? And if you tea-dye the ribbon it would be super duper awesome.
You've got my brain spinning...
BTW, it's hard to resist a man in uniform, isn't it? (especially when they're great guys in the first place)

Ashley said...

Fun card and awesome layout AJ!

Monika in VA said...

I actually like the clean crisp white ~ but at least if you do make it with kraft ~ you'll have 2 cards to send!!!

Kristen said...

oooo love these AJ! :) I hope your husband knows how grateful I am for his service. I can't imagine how you feel watching him get ready for the unknown everyday!

whoistracy said...

Love the simplicity of these AJ! Wonderful!!

Martha said...

wonderful Layouts!

JazzyH said...

Great layout!

Michelle (mla1111) said...

fabulously clean & simple!

Lisa H. said...

great work, AJ and yes, I agree-red, kraft, and blue!

Jodi C. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi C. said...

LOVE these AJ, I'll be trying the kraft, red and blue!!!

Kelly Landers said...

Love your stuff AJ!! I just watched your video and got some pointers! Thanks!atint

Candace H said...

Great projects today, AJ! Had not even noticed "Free" in that kit... perfect for today's "hero" theme!

marilyn said...

LOVE the card--beautiful. The layout with your husband and son is priceless.

BonnieRose said...

gorgeous... such beautiful work!

Carly said...

Beautiful work!

Kerry said...

LOVE your layout! It totally reminds me of my husband and oldest son...I really need to do a layout like this! Thanks for the inspiration!

Purple Princess said...

awesome cards!!

JessicaK said...

These look great on the white CS - kraft begone! :). Seriously - love the cards.

Maureen said...

I love how the background of white makes your designs just pop out. SO nice

Suz said...

kraft goes makes everything look better in my book too! We're creative so we can change traditions to fit our vision!

BishopsMommie said...

love the stars..they go with everything

Bee said...

Cute card and Lo..

Janine said...

Fabulous card AJ!! Hope you are well and that you have a great Memorial day weekend.

Christina Thomas said...

I love that card! My husband is in the military and has been to Iraq. He is my hero and I am glad to have him here with me today!

P.S. Hope you don't mind if I leave an additional comment.

Visit www.theoriginalscrapbox.com and check out their product catalog and also take a minute and go to www.tinyurl.com/entry257 to cast your vote for me!

I am in the running to win a scrapbook desk!

Anonymous said...

AJ
I love your star.... I don't have pracoric stuff tho... But this easy do lol hotwheels