July 6, 2009

A Limelight July Project

Whew- what a weekend! We had an amazing weekend out at the beach! Great time- now back to the daily grind for a bit before I head out again!

Mandy at Limelight has graciously asked me to play along with them this month-
So here I am with a limelight project for july!! :)
Her whole crew is doing a stars and or striped project and card- I was still in the patriotic mode so I went with those general colors although not a requirement! My son is always asking for me to make him something- and since red and blue are his fave colors I had to go this route!

First up a little note card for him- he isn't one of those 'hold onto the card forever' kind of kid, so get to the point with him!



I used both stars and stripes on his wall hanging- I used the positive and negative for the 2 L's in his name-
here are some closer pics-
I so wanted to add some bling or sparkle....

but that's just not very "almost" 10 year old boy....so a few brads. but nothing too girly!

The chipboard letters are stamped with the star clouds from Unity's July KOM

nothing too fancy...he will outgrow this quickly I am sure and will be over it and onto something bigger and better!


check out Mandy's sales this week-
25% off: All Glitter, Bazzill Chips, All Fun Flock
&
20% off: All Pink Paislee Stamps & All Unity Stamps Pin It Now!

7 comments:

de said...

Love your card and project! Always amazing!

Lisa H. said...

This turned out great, AJ! love the papers you used and of course the stars are perfect for a boy! I'm sure Will loved it! so glad your working with the team this month! Lucky me, I get double duty with you! have a great day :)

~amy~ said...

fun projects AJ!!!

Mandy said...

FABULOUS!!! I know your son will love it!! :)

JenMarie said...

Oh how fabulous!

Lorie said...

What a fun idea AJ! Any boy would love that1

Becky said...

Fun project, and great cards