August 27, 2009

I like my comfort zone!! & hhh

But, every once in a while it's nice to leave. That's this weeks Stamp Simply challenge over at Sharons blog.

So..... no Kraft, no White. no ribbon. no happy bright colors. no pattern paper! ACK!
It's a good masculine card. I stamped my pattern papers and went with a "guy" color scheme.
I scored the light grey layer also, although it doesn't appear to show well in the picture.

***ETA- the pumpkin text is from Le Chic, and the letters are from Frame this Alpha- the blue text is from here.

What do you think?? I am not ready to jump off my Kraft bandwagon just yet! ;)

Remember when uploading to use keyword ssnotime102- and here are the rest of the girls-
Sharon, Julie, Janine, Jennifer, Tammy, Deb, Jenny, Barbara, and Pat - August's guest.

*eta* Stacy C won the Unity blog candy!

***I posted my Prism papers winner the other day- if I don't hear back by today I will have to choose another winner*** Katherine S please email me!! Pin It Now!

16 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Wow this card is so cool. I just love your take on this challenge.

The Rubber Maid said...

Great masculine card simple yet to the point. Pat

Janine said...

Nicely done AJ!! Now it's back to the kraft paper!!
Have a great weekend!!

Barbara said...

Great masculine and CAS card, AJ! Love the color combo!

Julie Koerber said...

Ha! I hear that kraft paper calling your name!!! :-) This is really a sweet and simple card -- even if it is out of your zone!

Jen said...

Great masculine card AJ! I luv the way the letters pop!

Jennine (Craven) Chambers said...

I love this card especially the HB!

Monika in VA said...

WHAT ~ no kraft!!! Ok ~ now that I have revived... cool card! (for those of us who DO read blogs ~ I wish you'd have put what stamps you used ~ not that I really need more enabling...but)

Lisa H. said...

nope, don't leave kraft, but it's nice to see these colors too! love what you did here, AJ!

FibreJunky said...

I'm with Monika here. Is that the new text background? And how did you do the initials? Are they store-bought embellies or did you make them? Inquiring minds...

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Kraft.

Pamela said...

I love it!!! :)

Deborah Saaranen said...

So handsome AJ! Reminds me of a good gray wool suit, with a flashy splash of color tie!

Jenny Gropp said...

Deborah's comment above sums it up wonderfully -- it does look like a a handsome suite with the color pop of red for the tie!

emilyannwilliams said...

Who won your hip hop Unity blog candy? I thought it was on every blog?

Tammy Hershberger said...

I think it's great, AJ! I love all the text elements here, and the scoring. It's a great mix of textures and design elements!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I love, love, love it -- it's a very COOL card!!!