October 15, 2009

Gate fold Autumn style!

Today's Stamp Simply Challenge is simply to do a gate fold- I can honestly say, I just don't do these! But I don't know why- it's pretty simple!

On the front of my card I made an autumn wreath with Flower Soft's Autumn Mix. I used 3 wires and intertwined them. After they were covered with the FS, I added a bit more to any spots that looked sparse. I ran the side panels through an embossing folder- can't remember the name of this one- something textile I believe-
My finished card size is 4 1/4 squared, and I did my two score lines at 2 1/8" and 6 3/8" using my scor-pal (the lines are already marked for you on there!!!)

I used the labels 9 nesties to make my focal point for my wreath, and then adhered it directly to the left panel of the card front.


Here is a view of the inside- I used Unity's Simple Blessings kit for the sentiment on the inside-
You could dress it up even more if desired- but I am happy with the end results here.

Make sure to upload using keyword ssnotime109 and check out the rest!!

Pin It Now!

19 comments:

Flower Soft said...

TOTALLY love this, too, AJ!!! That wreath with the FS is an AMAZING idea!!! Wonderful challenge project!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

AJ, that above comment was me -- I didn't realize I was signed in under FS from being on that blog -- can you delete it -- sorry -- but, as I was saying: TOTALLY love this, too, AJ!!! That wreath with the FS is an AMAZING idea!!! Wonderful challenge project!!!

Emily said...

Cute pumpkin!

Emily said...

Oh, haha, I'm sorry, it's a wreath... it looked like a cute pumpkin to me, too, though!

Amy said...

I love this one, inside and out! What a fun wreath, AJ!

Bogner's said...

I seriously love this card. Beautiful!

Tiff said...

AJ, this is stunning! This is the Get Sketchy #10 sketch of the week too! You could totally win!

Martha said...

wow!, so beautiful

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a fantastic Autumn wreath on your "door..." So creative!

Jen said...

AJ, this card is fabulous! Seriously, fabulous! Luv all the texture and the shape looks like a pumpkin wreath...spectacular!

Mandy said...

What a clever way to use that Flower Soft! Love the wreath!!

Marcy H. said...

Beautiful Wreath using the FS!! Love this card!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Love this!!!

Rona said...

Gorgeous card!!

Lisa H. said...

very cool card, AJ. that wreath is really pretty.

Monika in VA said...

Awesome! I can't wait to get this kit ~ took advantage of the current sale!

Donna said...

AJ...You have done it again.. Another stunning and beautiful card!! I love making gate cards they are so easy...I just need to find some time and inspiration...LOL, I think you have done it!! Xx

Stephanie said...

Amazing! Fabulous card - I love it!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, AJ! LOVE the Flower Soft wreath and it's perfect with the Labels 9 Nestie shape!