October 29, 2009

Thursday is Unity day!

And I am giving thanks for being able to sleep in this morning. No school today- kids conferences. woohoo for me! and tomorrow also. I can turn my heated blanket on and stay warm finally.
Speaking of school....funny story. My daughter was playing with her friend (who's a boy) in my sons room yesterday, and I walked in and she had her cabbage patch doll stuffed under her shirt like it was a baby. So, I am curious, and ask her- what ya doing? Her reply- "playing school".
I was left sort of speechless. Not sure what to think on that...better than playing house I guess. ;)

Today's Unity day, and there is the usual fun going on, NEW RELEASES, bingo, chat, etc. make sure to stop in and check out all the action.

My card today was me trying to spread my wings and go a different direction. And, I am still debating on whether or not I like this card. It's Different though. The background uses the frame from the Birdie Inspiration set, and the sentiment is also from that set.
I think I will keep trying different looks, and give the cas a break for a bit....
enjoy! Pin It Now!

17 comments:

Bogner's said...

I like your CAS card AJ. Great colors and i love the sentiment as a tag! Beautiful. Is one of your DD's teachers pregnant? That could explain the playing school scene!

Renee' Dezember said...

I think your card is great too - I like the sentiment as a tag as well :) tfs

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

Super cute AJ!

StacyC said...

I think you did a great job... Love the card...

the whimsical butterfly said...

LOL!!!!!!! OMG that is a hilarious story! I bet you had to stand there for a little bit, huh? hahaha. SO Funny. Kids rock.

Your card is adorable, girlie! LOVE that bright and fun DP!

JPScraps said...

I really like your card.

Kelly Landers said...

Cute story about your daughter...kids'll say the darndest things!! LOL!

I love how you created the background and I think your card is great!

Jennine Chambers said...

I love what yo did with the papers!

Eva said...

AJ, this is soooo cute and I have to say, this sentiment is my favorite!

Ravengirl said...

I dig it! It's pretty funky!

Christi Snow said...

very cool the way that you used the frame to create the background... smiles!

Suz said...

Such a pretty card! Thanks for the inspiration

marcy h said...

Very Cute Card!!

Purple Princess said...

Fabulous card!!

Stephanie said...

I think your card is gorgeous! Great job and I love the colours!

Shemaine Smith said...

I always enjoy your artwork!

Lori said...

I like it! Love the colors and the quote!