December 11, 2009

Simply Repurposed

Wow- Talk about easy! Today's stamp simply challenge is all about re-purposing store bought cards- lucky for me- Sharon's easy with the interpretation!!!! I always just do photo Christmas cards, and I never save Christmas cards from the past- so....I didn't have many to choose from!

I was in JoAnn's looking for Christmas crafts for my kids to do, and walked down the WRONG aisle! They already had Valentines out! CRAZY! I had already decided when I got this boxed set of cards, I would use them in my own way- When Sharon's challenge came up, it was perfect!

Like I said, lucky for me, I can go with a different holiday-I will just be early for once with my Valentines! ;)
I used Unity's Be Owl Mine for the heart, and Love Grows for the sentiment. I added stickles to the hearts of course. ;)

The overall card is a little funky, and not my normal style, but I am certain that there is a 6 year old who will LOVE this and finishing off the rest of them!!

So....here is the original notecard set- It was part of a gift package I won at a raffle, and not quite my style, but as you can see- workable!

Make sure to upload using ssnotime117, and check out the rest!!

Pin It Now!

16 comments:

Janine said...

How cute AJ!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I am AMAZED! You took those cheesy smilies and made them so, so CUTE! TOTALLY FAB project for this challenge!!!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a cute way to re-purpose those cards! Who would guess those smiley faces are under the hearts? Too cute, AJ!

the whimsical butterfly said...

How CUTE is this?! Love the way you incorporated the hearts all around and the sentiment on the bottom-this is SO cool looking!

Espbfdl said...

I love this idea---totally going to look through my stash to create something "new"!!

Barb Schram said...

How wonderful is this? Inspiring to move on to the next holiday!!! Take good care, AJ and have a terrific weekend!

Jen said...

AJ, what a great idea and you made them so cute! I can't believe it, but I bought the same cards to "doctor" up! Have a great weekend!

Jessy said...

Absolutely the cutest cards ever (now that you redesigned them!!) What a neat idea!! :-)

Deborah Saaranen said...

What a great idea here AJ! Just perfect with the hearts!

JazzyH said...

Cute!

Donna said...

May not be your normal style AJ...But you sure made it in to an gorgeous card!!! Awesome stuff!! Xx

JenMarie said...

Cute!!

stampjourney said...

So cute and quite clever!

Barbara said...

TOTALLY fabulous way to repurpose, AJ!! Just too cute!

Jenny Gropp said...

Totally clever! Love that you did not do Christmas too! This had a great result in the end!!!

Cheri Howard said...

How clever! Love it!