June 11, 2010

Berry Adorable



Welcome to another round of FWF and Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge! Blog candy winner, & a mini tutorial for you as well!

Today's Stamp Simply Challenge is the to finish an project you have previously started. We all have those projects where we left it to come back to another day...
Head on over to Sharon's blog to read all the details and see her sample.



Here is my final card...I did start this a while ago- I received a comment asking about making the shaped cards using your Spellbinders™ dies and thought I would show how I do it. Don't you love how my circular card stands on it's own? ;)

I had the base layer and paper done a while back and figured now was a good time to finish it off!

First- Here is how I lay my card stock in the Nestabilities™ die before running it through my Wizard™ Make sure to leave a gap and the top- this is where your fold is.


When you open it up, it will look like this. I cut the bottom piece flat across for a reason...


Then I proceed to make my card front using the WHOLE shape, then securing it to the card front.

This is what the back will look like when it's all put together. The cut at the bottom allows your card to stand up as a normal A2 shaped card would. ;)


Remember to upload using SCS Keyword
: ssnotime143
Check out the rest-
Julia Aston: Create with Me - June Guest Designer
Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits
Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat.
Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty
Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color

*and* Toni, email me at the right- you won the Unity stamp set you & me!!

enjoy!

stamps- Unity
Spellbinders™ Die templates
paper- MME
Pin It Now!

27 comments:

Karen B. said...

Thanks for posting a tutorial for us (I mean mean) impaired Nestie Owners who wasted countless cardstock sheets trying to figure this out. Very cute card.

StampinCathy said...

This is one awesome card. Thanks for a easy to follow tutorial.

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Laurel said...

Love it, love that strawberry paper.

Stephanie Zito said...

This is so sweet AJ! Super adorable!

Donna said...

Super cute card! Thanks for the tutorial on how you did it.

Toni K said...

Adorable! I have to try this.

Toni K said...

And thank you AJ!

Deb Neerman said...

Absolutely adorable, AJ! Love it!!

Have a great weekend!

FibreJunky said...

That is so neat!

Here's my stupid question for the day. Did you use the character map thing to get the little TM symbol thingie?

Martha said...

how cute.

Noreen said...

I love your shaped card, and that color of cardstock goes with everything. But it particularly makes the bright colors of the berries stand out.

secret scrapbooker said...

Gorgeous card. love the scallop circle makes such cute cards :0)
Kate x

lynn said...

sweet card, aj!

Helen L said...

So cute! glad you finished it to share with us! Keep up the good work:)
Helen

jo said...

Great card and thanks for the tutorial!

Anne said...

Dare I say that your card is "berry adorable?!?!!"

Lesley said...

Sweet card!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

TFS the tutorial! Beautiful card.

marilyn said...

LOVE this card and thank you for sharing the tutorial!!!

Katie said...

Your card is just too sweet! Love it!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

Berry wonderful card! Thanks for the tutorial!

happydays525 said...

What a great idea, thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

Adorable,AJ! Thanks for the tutorial!

Janine said...

Thanks for the instruction AJ!! Love the card!

Tiffany said...

So sweet! Love your scalloped shape card! Hope you are well and enjoying your crafting time!

Ryann Salamon said...

Adorable!