June 25, 2010

there's no break in this summer!



Welcome to FWF and Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge! Today's challenge is a color challenge to use grey and yellow.
Head on over to Sharon's blog to read all the deets and to see her fabby sample!


I went with the October Afternoon version of yellow...and it's a tad on the orange side, but I like it! I don't usually mix patterns too much, but these seem to work, at least I thought so!!
I used my Spellbinders™ dies to make my circles, and the sentiment and background image are both from the June KOM.


Remember to upload using SCS Keyword
: ssnotime145
Check out the rest-

Julia Aston: Create with Me - June Guest Designer

Deb Neerman: Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps

Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits

Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat.

Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty

AJ Otto: The Willow Garden

Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color

Barb Schram: Explore. Dream. Discover


and Michelle- {Michellena317} You are the new owner of the Cosmo Material girl stamps! Please email me your info! :)

So much for summer "break"! LOL we have been going and doing and I think I need a vacation! Looking forward to our annual 4th of July party out at the beach house...no working internet or iPhone service there!
enjoy! Pin It Now!

27 comments:

Karen B. said...

Ooh, those patterns are nice together. Great to see the circles mimicked on the bottom of your card, that's pretty darn neat.

Julia Aston said...

I love the circles and the pop of yellow! Great design on this!

Anne said...

I like how you completed the color challenge. I'm not a big fan of the gray, black and yellow myself, but I like how you used the yellow as an extra pop on your card. Makes me think I might go ahead and try this challenge.......Thanks!

Tracy said...

Very cute - the colors work surprisingly well together! Can't wait to get my KOM - hopefully today! TFS!

Donna said...

Cute card! Love the pattern papers and colors.

Deborah Saaranen said...

So cute AJ! Guess we were both thinking on the October Afternoon yellow!

Maria Levine said...

Very simple and nice. I like the mix of patterns. It works!

StampinCathy said...

This is awesome and just love your take on this challenge.

Laurel said...

LOVE this!

Morissa Sweeney (SCS - stampinsweeney) said...

In love with the complete simplicity of the design!

Toni K said...

Love it. The mix of pattern papers works!

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

Entirely too cute!! I love this card!!

Barbara said...

What a fun and funky card, AJ! Adorable CAS take on the challenge!

Suzi said...

Love this. And love the twine, cute touch!

secret scrapbooker said...

Such a cool card :0)
Kate x

Cheri Howard said...

Nice card! I really like yellow, white and black together!

JenMarie said...

FABulousness!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is wonderful, AJ -- LOVE the simplicity in all your work -- totally FAB!!!

Jen said...

Yesiree, those patterns sure work AJ! I love the circle theme...you are so good! Have a terrific weekend!

Angie Blom said...

Oh Circles.. I love circles.. and this is just amazing.. I love that colour grey.. make everything just pop.. Xxx

Lori said...

Great design! Love the pop of the yellow against the gray.

Carolina said...

What a sweet card AJ...love the mix of patterns ~ they work perfectly together!

Deb Neerman said...

This is super-cute, AJ! Love the fun design and those patterned papers look great together!

Have a fabulous weekend, Kiddo!

Eryn Hagen said...

LOVE those circles AND that color combo!!! :)

Welcome to Explore.Dream.Discover. said...

Love the patterns on your creation, AJ! I think all Moms need their own summer vacation!!! LOL Have a great weekend!

Janine said...

Hi AJ!! Love this one!! Great take on the colors!

Jenny Gropp said...

Awww -- love those little circles just poppin' right out at you!