September 8, 2010

Thankful....

for Hip HOP!

I have a easy little project for you today- first up is a simple card-




The sentiment is from the September KOM and that fabulous leaf is from Spellbinders™.
I colored over the stamped leaf image with a clear gel pen.




Next up is a fun little treat pouch-  I was blurfing with my morning coffee like I often do and ran across someone's blog who made a cute pouch from shipping tags- My apologies- *I can't remember the site*
But I thought...I have some fun new Labels Seventeen that would be fun to try that with!

*The ribbon is some of that super wide ribbon from SU!...it was the perfect color scheme but to wide- so I trimmed it right down the middle-

it's super easy- here's the how...



Cut out two of your label shapes- (any cut out would probably work)



then depending on how tall you would like it, score at about 1 1/2".  If you want it taller, or your shape is smaller, score it at a smaller increment.



Then, where the score marks are, adhere the two ends together, and it should look like this- stamp, decorate, and fill as you desire! :)  You could make these for class treats and let the kids stamp-my daughter is BIG into crafting with me now!


The border images are from a Samantha Walker Halloween kit, and the sentiment is from the new KOM.




Make sure to head yourself on over to Shemaine's blog next!






Enjoy!!
Pin It Now!

26 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Hello AJ!

What a pretty simple card, I love it! The sentiment is a really gorgeous one and I love that leaf! The card simply doesn't need more, it's perfect!
That little bag is pretty as well! What a great treating idea!

Hugs,
Wendy

lynn said...

simply sweet card, aj, and LOVE that treat holder:) the kids would love helping with this!

Lisa H. said...

super fabby card, and LOVE those treat pouches. and yet, another nestie die to add to my list! tfs, girlie!

jennifer mitten said...

Love the cards and the clever little treat bag!

JPScraps said...

Cute card. The treat pouch is a great idea!

StampinCathy said...

Adorable cards and love that treat bag too! Great colors and love your special MOJO you added to them.

Maria Gurnsey said...

great tutorial!! I love the ribbon treatment on the pouch...super cute :)

NoraAnne said...

Love your card :) and the tutorial is awesome, such a cute idea for treats :)

FibreJunky said...

Neat little treat pouch! Thanks for the cool tute!

Wendy said...

what a GREAT idea!!! LOVE the tute! Thanks!!!

Lacey said...

Fantastic Cards! I need one of those scoring things :)

veggiegirlRD said...

Love the unexpected for the Halloween card (not black/orange)! thanks for sharing

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

As always amazing creations love them both!!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOVE that CAS card--stunning! And that tutorial--LOVE IT! Never thought about doing this--but I'm ready to try it!! LOVE IT:)

Erika M. said...

Your creations are lovely!

Pamela said...

Great card!!! And I love that treat pouch too! :)

Cindi said...

great projects..that treat pouch is way cool
:)

Lisa said...

What an incredibly cool idea! Love it! And the card is fabulous!

Angie Blom said...

beautiful projects. love what you did with the die cut. Fantastic idea.

stampjourney said...

Great tutorial! Thanks for the inspiration!

Eva said...

AJ, I love your CAS card, and your pouch is super ADORABLE...thanks for the tutorial on it, too...it's FABULOUS!!!

Shemaine Smith said...

That treat pouch is oh so adorable!!

Ola said...

I love your CAS card.... and that treat pouch is adorable!

Thank you so much for sharing your creations and the tutorial!!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com
zloe.blogspot.com

Valerie said...

oh my gosh how cute! Really liked the simplicity of the card! I like simple! I get intimidated easy! The tags are pretty cool too!

JenMarie said...

FABULOUSness!! :)

Linda said...

Hey there

great fall card I love it