November 7, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Monday Monday...

 It's birthday week here again in the Otto household!!
My baby girl will turn 7 on Wednesday...so wish I could stop the clock some days!
                     


I pulled out the KOM and I used my labels fourteen and labels nine Spellbinders™.  I colored each letter in with a different color copic and added some glossy effects to the balloons.   Pretty simple but cheery and bright! 

On a side note- my dad is home from his first round of chemo and will be for 17 days and then back again.  He handled it extremely well and is just happy to be home now and "free" as he calls it for a few weeks!  Next in patient round will be another 4 day stint before heading into the dreaded chemo/radiation segment just before the holidays!  I am working ahead now to be ready for it all!!

We are feeling quite optimistic at this point and appreciate all your comments, thoughts, and prayers- thanks so much!

enjoy! Pin It Now!

6 comments:

Wendy ten Hove said...

Good luck with your dad and all the best to him! Hope he will be able to enjoy the days at home, before a new tough time will start...
Your bday card is really nice, love that stamp, can't wait for it to arrive here! Nice colors!

Hugs,
wendy

Margie H said...

AJ,
It's so hard to see your loved one going through so much...esp. dads. Hang in there! Warm thoughts and prayers of strength to you all. Big HUGS to you, my friend! xo

P.S. LOVE the card and the way you used the labels - clever!

Toni K said...

Very cute card! Happy birthday to your daughter ;)
Hoping for a good outcome for your dad :)

Emily Leiphart said...

AJ, this is such a sweet card for your daughter. I love the shiny balloons and the way you've stacked those nesties!

I'm glad to hear your Dad is in good spirits! My bff's Dad is going through the same thing so I know how difficult it can be.

the whimsical butterfly said...

Those Ottos know how to partay ;) CUTE card and happy early bday to your ladybug :) How fun!

scrappyteacher said...

Cute card!!