November 17, 2010

Hip Hop-Samantha Walker ornament


Hip Hop Happy Holidays!  

We are doing kids and Ornaments today...
I opted for ornaments, but love the kid ideas shared today!!
(Actually going to steal Jimmi's idea for Lauren's friends!)


Here is my ornament- and yes, that is our tree. ;) Jeff is being helpful getting it up early this year.  I want to be officially ready for Christmas when my dad starts his radiation treatments.

I stamped the deer on the Spellbinders S4-114 Standard cirlces LG,  and then stamped him again, cut it out and mounted with foam tape.  I then mounted the circle onto a S4-115 Petite scallop circles LG, and then to another of the standard circles with foam tape again.


So, I love the little party cones I made for Halloween a while back, and thought I would give one of these awesome ornaments a try!  It's the same idea just a WHOLE lot more!  

I made about 13 of them, rolled them into cone shape, and then I adhered them all to a circle on the backside first with scor-tape.  I then adhered the dies on the front with a TON more scor-tape! 
Since they aren't perfect cone shape, I had to trim the middles to fit in the center, which is hidden anyways.

The stamps are Greetings of Christmas by Samantha Walker, and the paper is the from Samantha Walker line for Creative Imaginations.


I stamped this on the flip side as well, just in case it ever twirled around.  The scallop layers are adhered to each other with foam tape.

  I applied stickles around each cone edge, and around each plain circle for extra glitz!
 I hope you enjoy!!!!
Make sure to head yourself on over to Shemaine's blog next!






Enjoy!
Pin It Now!

28 comments:

jmahugger said...

Super Cute Ornaments!!

lynn said...

so cute, aj! love the mini cones idea!

jennifer mitten said...

Very cute!!

Melissa Minor said...

Beautiful!

Andrea said...

Love the holiday projects!! Yea!

Erika said...

So pretty!

Jingle said...

These are so pretty!

jpmayo said...

I adore this ornament!
I really cant wait to make one, too!

JPScraps said...

CUTE!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

What a gorgeous ornament love it AJ!!!!!

Maria Gurnsey said...

This is so wonderful!!! I love the extra dangly circle with the sentiment....SO CREATIVE :)

JenMarie said...

*thud* STUNNING!! LOVE it!!!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

great ornament! love that reindeer

Lisa H. said...

fabulous, AJ!

Angie Blom said...

wow.. love this AJ.. what an amazing decoration.. I think I need a tutorial!! please!! Love it!xx

creative patti said...

Super cute, I would love to know how tomake these3 cones. Thank you for sharing.

Pamela said...

I can't believe you have your tree up already! WTG! And beautiful ornament! :)

Julie said...

This is GORGEOUS, AJ! LOVE your ornament! Great minds think alike...we used the same set! :)

Don't worry too much about missing my projects. I will never stop stamping with Unity! ;)

Lisa said...

This is soooo gorgeous!

Gwen said...

LOVE this ornament!!

Erika M. said...

Totally love your ornaments!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful ornament! Lovely idea--never thought of this! Making these this year--thanks for sharing:)

catnap said...

Love the two part ornament idea

Cindy said...

Very cute ornament !

christi said...

adorable ornament

Lynne said...

Wonderful ornaments. Thanks for sharing.

I♥naptime w/ Chocolate Sundaes said...

They turned out SO cute! I'd love for you to link them up at our holiday party! http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/11/crazy-christmas-crafter-link-up-w.html

Garden Gifts said...

woh! wonderful ornaments thanks for sharing.