November 10, 2010

Hip Hop!

 
Happy Hip Hop and more importantly- 
 
HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

Today the Unity gang are all starting on their December Daily's!

And when I said started,  that's right where I am- STARTING point!   ;)
I haven't yet done one of these types of journals, but did sign up for Shimelle's class last year and am looking forward to doing better this year!
 

Here is my cover and inside front page- I  cut the cover out of the clear acrylic wrapper my Grand dies™ came in!  I decided to use My Minds Eye's Holly Jolly line, and thought this Santa was the perfect 1st page!
 
The labels five shape is from this months KOM Picture Perfect,  and the "December" sentiment is from the Here's the ticket scrap booking set.

 
 Here is the cover separate from the inside front page- I cut out two of the labels 5 shapes, and placed them in the same place so you wouldn't ever see the backside of either.
 

Here's a few quick photos on how I made the pages- I used my Grand Calibur™ to create the pages!

Left side- base plate of the new Grand Calibur with die cutting edge up.  (This is the Grand Scalloped Square) Right side- cutting plate, layer on top, run through!
*This machine can cut up to a full sheet of card stock making it ideal for making mini books like this!
 
 
When you got to emboss, leave the paper and die in tact, and cover with the embossing pad, then embossing plate.  
 
 
Here's another page I am running through- (I still need to add days/journaling tags to these pages) You can leave excess hanging out if using 12 x 12 paper.

 
And the page is cut out- ready to be decorated!  I think I am going to use my BIA when I have all the pages cut out and ready to assemble together, just debating a side or top opening....

I'll share more when I have a few more pages done!  At the rate I am going, it will be January! ;)
starting is half the battle I think!


Make sure to head yourself on over to Shemaine's blog next!






Enjoy!
Pin It Now!

24 comments:

Angie Blom said...

Oh FABULOUS!!! I want that machine and all the large dies!!! WOW.. this is just fantasic AJ. I love what you have done!! Can't wait to see all the pages!!Xx

Eva said...

AJ, those Grand dies are just perfect for your album and I love the paper you used, too..

the whimsical butterfly said...

Wow that's awesome to see it in action and how awesome that you can cut through acrylic-great idea!

lynn said...

love your santa paper, aj!

Christi Snow said...

oooh, AJ, when I saw that cover, I thought you had bought it that way...it has such a "finished" feel to it. Really gorgeous! And wow...LOOK AT THAT MACHINE GO...LOVE!!! smiles...

jennifer mitten said...

Those large dies are fabulous! Do I need another machine? No, do I need this? Yes!! Santa...

Erika said...

Love it!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

So gorgeous love the cover!!!!

Lisa H. said...

love it! great start, AJ!

Jingle said...

That cover is so pretty!

Lacey said...

Wow super awesome great die!!

Maria Gurnsey said...

That vintage Santa is AMAZING! I love it. I think I need some of those spellbinders....pretty cool!

Rona said...

Gorgeous and yes that vintage Santa is so perfect for the front page!! I really need that labels 5!! You have a great start your book will be gorgeous!

Karen said...

Love the acrylic cover, the big die, and those papers are perfect start to your book AJ!!

connie said...

love the paper you used. just got my grand caliber now need to save to get some grand dies!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, AJ! This is fun--I love that you are sharing the steps and pages along the way:) I always need help starting project--so this was great! LOVE IT:) Can't wait to see more of it!!

Kelly Landers said...

What an awesome start AJ!! Hope to see you get it all done and that you will share it with us!! Love the bones so far!!

Maria Levine said...

What an awesome idea and fabulous start! Love it AJ!

Brooke said...

awesome journal, AJ! I liked seeing your process... and nice choice on the paper.. great minds.. :)

stampjourney said...

What a great start! It's so fun to see the beginnings of what is sure to be a fantastic project!

Anne said...

I agree! Starting is half the battle and it looks like you're off to a great start! Cool cover and great shaped pages.

{jennie} said...

Love seeing the progress with the dies. Love the first Santa page! I have that paper in my stash...may have to use it for my album.

Lisa said...

Dang. Those large dies, bound....yep, freaking awesome. This is so fun!!

Shemaine Smith said...

Oh my! You make it look so easy with that fabulous machine!!