December 15, 2010

Dear Santa

Hip Hop!  Today is another Thursday filled with a lot of Hip Hoppin' goodness- 
Unity is at it again and releasing MORE STAMPS!

Echo Park's With Love and I adore you coordinate with their newest paper line Be Mine.  Also releasing today- Let it snow which coordinates with their Wintertime line, and Moments to Remember which coordinates with their Life is good line!

Enough blah blah blah!  On to the card! 

After all the chatter about EP, I bring to you- Websters Believe in Miracles! I just couldn't help inking it up again- It's only a week away and then it's gone for a while!!

I thought I would share how I did it though-
I covered the hot air balloon portion  of the stamp with a post it note, and then inked it all up in red.

I then removed the post it note and stamped it- No red hot air balloon!  Next I lined up my Spellbinders Nestabilities just where I wanted it, and taped it down- Now when I cut, it's lined up perfectly!  Stamp, then cut- works every time! :)


Also- did you see the special contest Unity is hosting?!?!
A chance to be our guest designer for 3 months and $500 in product! 
Check it out here

Make sure to head yourself on over to Shemaine's blog next!




Pin It Now!

31 comments:

Eva said...

AJ, what a fun card..love these stamps!!!

NoraAnne said...

So cute :) I love the baker's twine~perfect finishing touch!

Nicolle Kramer said...

What a cute card....thanx for the inspiration..:)

Jingle said...

This is very cute!

Brooke said...

Funky!! thanks for sharing your technique too! :)

Emily Leiphart said...

Just gorgeous, AJ! I love how you did that and thanks for the tutorial!

Janet Z said...

Very fun card!

StampinCathy said...

This is so pretty. Thanks for the great tips too!

marilyn said...

Great card and thanks for showing us how to die cut the stamped image!

Michelle said...

cute! Thanks for the idea!

Maria Gurnsey said...

super cute!

the whimsical butterfly said...

What a cool technique! Thanks for showing HOW-I love that :) That's one of the only WP sets I DIDN'T get and now I will probably buy it LOL ;)

Rona said...

super cute - and great tip!!

Shemaine Smith said...

I love it when you share tips!! Great post :)

Bogner's said...

I had seen that tape trick before and forgot about it. It worked out great here for a fabulous circle! Looks great! Love that balloon too!

Tifany said...

Can't wait to get my stamp sets in the mail!

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

Jennine Chambers said...

great use of that stamp!

Leti (iluv2craft) said...

the for showing us how you did this :)

Nicole W. said...

Very elegant and simple!

Erika said...

Super cute!

Linda said...

Neat card my friend!

sharon g said...

Nice card. I love to learn more...

Carisa said...

ok, i just got these stamps and now i'm so inspired! TY TY TY - i love that unique way of masking out an image. fabulous.

Carisa said...

ok, i just got these stamps and now i'm so inspired! TY TY TY - i love that unique way of masking out an image. fabulous.

lynn said...

sweet card, aj!

Ola said...

This is such a cute card.... love it! And, love the twine!!!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Angie Blom said...

Very cute card AJ.

Gwen said...

Cute idea, enjoy Christmas!

wustaz said...

great idea

TiaKeas said...

Great card!! Thank -you for the ideas..

Mary C Ronnerman said...

love the Dino-mite card, really cute