February 23, 2011

Happy Thursday!!  

It's hip hop today- and I am sharing a layout!! 

I made this for the Spellbinders DT contest.  Did you see THIS!?  

I have always scrapped for me, but haven't been in the habit of sharing it on my blog before...But I plan on doing a bit more scrapping for me and sharing it!


I lean towards a bit of a cleaner style in my scrapping.  One thing I can NOT pull off is layers and fluff in layouts!! I am starting to see more and more cleaner layouts, and am feeling more comfortable sharing mine.
Here, I stamped the Grainy background first to mimic the wood floors in the pictures.   This picture was taken about 4 years ago when she would still let me put dresses on her!  Now- she is a Punky Brewster styled fashionista and is pretty hard headed about her wardrobe.  Yea me- the teen years should be fun! ;)

Also- have you started working on the Go To Sketches for cards call??  Mine are sketches #38 and #58!!  I haven't yet started myself, just not enough hours in the day!  Looks like a crafty weekend is ahead!

Make sure to head yourself on over to Brooke's blog next!








 


Spellbinders™ dies used:
LF-168 Grand Large Labels
S5-027 Labels Twenty One
S5-050 Rose Creations
S7-018 Big Scalloped Border Grand Pin It Now!

22 comments:

Marcy said...

Pretty layout!!

Margie H said...

Congrats, AJ!! Looking forward to working with you for another FUN year!! Loved your card on the Spellbinders blog today :) Yes to the clean lines of scrapbook pages - I need to do that too! LOL! Have a great day!! xo

Carly said...

I just adore your clean style and wonderfully sweet layout!! Can't wait to see more!

Angie Blom said...

I love it AJ... you did such a great job on your layouts, I want to see more.. GO Aj GO!! I love all the spellbinders and the background stamp looks fabulous.

Sherri Thompson said...

Such a sweet layout, AJ! Huge congrats on the Spellbinders DT-I can't wait to see your projects!

Tiff said...

Lovely layout!

Tiff said...

Lovely layout!

Erin said...

Great flowers and title. I have really basic layouts too! Nothing worng with that ;)

http://erinsheartsprinkles.blogspot.com/

Jan Garber said...

Adorable layout! and little girl!

Erika M. said...

Love what you shared today!

sharon g said...

LOVE the grainy background. I may have to end up buying that...

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

SUPER cute LO! Love those flowers--fab:)

Tamara said...

I think you did a great Job, With the this I too have a problem With.. Lody Lody how Goudy!! I know that sounds Bad but I try to get a good mix! And I think its harder!! Hey I love it!

Tamara said...

I think you did a great Job, With the this I too have a problem With.. Lody Lody how Goudy!! I know that sounds Bad but I try to get a good mix! And I think its harder!! Hey I love it!

Tamara said...

Pretty is as pritty does

Tina McDonald said...

Congrats AJ!! Can't wait to meet up in APril! :)

Lisa said...

Congrats on Spellbinders!! This is my kind of LO - love it!

wendyp said...

Congrats AJ!!! Beautiful job on the layout!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW! This is a stunning layout-who needs layers?! They don't fit in the albums anyway, LOL! Seriosuly LOVE the die cut flowers and of course your adorable little subject <3

Dahsiaar said...

nice layout !!!

Pamela said...

Love the layout. Such a sweet child. I'm a new follower. I don't remember how I got her, but following links. So happy to find you. Love the easter treat basket, too.

Lynn said...

Thanks for giving us a peak at your lovely layout. I love the clean style. It looks great. It is a difficult style for me to do, so I know how you feel. You rocked it for sure, though! Fab job!