February 19, 2011

playing catch up...

So, I have been miserably sick, and now that I have started to feel better, I am WAY behind in all things crafty!

Sharing a few photos from Gina K's latest release party I missed out on due to a PTA meeting. 

 Live Life Loud- Tami's new set-

 Live Life Loud again- part of my mini book I am working on -

and Christ is Risen- Nina's new set. 

Working on my mini book has me thinking a lot about what I create lately and have been itching to get back to scrapbooking.  The 'for me' style, as in using anything and everything I like, the Ali Edwards style of just "getting it on the page."
  I am hoping to get more scrapping done-if I am going to be spending time creating, I want it to be something for me, something my kids can appreciate.  They have been loving the project life- and look forward to seeing what pictures end up in the book.  I love making cards, but then I end up with BOXES of cards- for some reason I never get them out in the mail to anyone- and then I end up donating PILES of them!

  Anyone else wishing they would scrap more?  What's holding you back from doing it?
And what's everyones preference- mini albums, 12 x 12, 8 1/2 x 11, (one of my faves) or something else?


enjoy! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Nice projects AJ! I am always wishing I could get more scrapbooking done and am currently taking a class at Big Picture called Embrace Imperfection which is really helping me realize that my layouts don't have to be perfect...what's important is telling the story. I really like the 12x12 size and I think I will be scrapbooking more now...I'm even thinking of doing the Layout a Day challenge for a month. Good luck with scrapbooking more yourself!

Carly said...

Beautiful cards and fun mini layout! I can't wait to see more!

Sande said...

Great layouts and cards. Makes me want too see more...will just have to stop back more often.