February 14, 2011

Spellbinders Nestabilities™ Basics & Beyond Blog Tour

Welcome to day one of the Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Basics & Beyond Blog Tour!

If you haven't head about this book yet, it's filled with fabulous ideas, great techniques, and tutorials to teach you some of tricks of getting the most out of your Nestabilties die templates!
 


I get the pleasure of reviewing the one and only Stacey Caron's projects for you today!


Here is her whole ensemble.  Upon first glance, I thought the rose was a prop...But it's NOT!  The rose in the photo was also created using Spellbinders dies, and there is a tutorial in the book for making it.
Stacey shows just how easy it is to create a hand made ensemble that can be a cherished gift item making the recipient feel special.  The book offers detailed descriptions and directions to help guide you along to create your own projects, or to simply make the ones shared in the book.


Her color scheme is such a classic and can be used for all occasions, not just love.  I decided to make a card based on her color scheme using Spellbinders S4-161 Labels One and S4-308 Labels One SM.


To create this card I used the new S4-308 Labels One SM#3 (the smallest is #1) to die cut the cream paper, and stamped a flower.  I die cut S4-161 Labels One #3 with red paper.  When layered, the two die cuts mat in 1/8” increments.  Add a red rhinestone to the flower center, add a bow to the card and attach the labels to the card.  Thanks for the inspiration Stacey!


 The other great thing about this book, is all the tutorials and directions for creating your own projects.  On page 5, there is a tutorial for creating shaped cards, one of my favorite ways to use my Nestabilities. 

Here's an open view of the shaped card, showcasing the beaded circles edges. 


To purchase a copy of this book, Visit Annie's Attic. 
Also- be a fan! Like Annie's Attic on Facebook

enjoy! Pin It Now!

12 comments:

StampinCathy said...

This is a must have book. Love your your cards. Thanks for always inspiring me with your creative talent.

Jingle said...

I love your card, AJ!

Lesley Langdon said...

I would love this book, I need some Spellbinders nesting ideas! It looks awesome, and beautiful cards AJ!

Lisa Stewart, Angel #4833 said...

Wow, this is awesome. I think this book looks fantastic!

Golda said...

Those are fantastic projects!

Melanie said...

Thansk for using my GKD "Spring Basket" set on this card!! very sweet! I like the look of the second card, too, the beaded square shape for the base is very cool!

cdjcape521 said...

I love Annie's Attic! Have 4 downloads, and enjoy every one!

Barbara said...

very nice, inspiring use of the standards - red white black

creativearts said...

Amaing card! Am so glad I found the hop adn can't wait to get a copy of the magazine.

Tina McDonald said...

What a fabulous idea for a book! Thanks for showing off Stacy's fabulous creation! And your take is adorable as well!

the whimsical butterfly said...

WOW! Fantastic projects!!!

Sandra said...

very cool!
Sandra ltb