April 19, 2011

Easter Treats


Jelly Beans are the epitome of the classic Easter treat, at least in my house they are!

Well..in case you are like me, last minute lucy lately...I have a quick and easy treat pouch to make for the last minute Easter treats that pop up unexpectedly this week-
You can head on over to the Spellbinders™ blog to see more fun ideas!
 Here's what you will need to make this-
S5-025 Labels Seventeen  and S4-310 Labels Eighteen from Spellbinders™.  Using the largest die from the Labels Seventeen, cut out two pieces from white card stock, and one from a patterned paper of your choice.  (I used Echo Park's 'Life is good' here) Cut a fourth using just the mid section of the die.  From your Labels Eighteen, cut one piece out using white card stock.

 You can score any where to vary the size, here I scored at 1" using my Scor-Pal.  In this one from Halloween, I scored a little farther along, closer to 2". 

 Secure the ends together, and set eyelets.

 I stamped the image from Gina K's Basket Blessings, and then again onto scraps of patterned paper.  I paper pieced all the eggs to avoid coloring them all in!!  I am not a huge fan of coloring...It's not therapeutic for me like others say it is...(mostly because I am not Marianne! ;)

 Adhere the patterned paper to the labels shape, and adhere foam squares to the chick image.


 Here's the really hard part-
fill the treat sack with jelly beans, and DON'T eat any.  ;)
Tie the end off with twine.  String the twine ends through the eyelets outward.

Tie the ends into a bow and trim.  The end result, cute little chicks holding yummy jellybeans!! 


enjoy!! 
Pin It Now!

14 comments:

Christi Snow said...

OMG! this is just too cute and creative! LOVE it! smiles...

Michelle (sf9erfan) said...

Oh this is just DARLING!!!

Tonya said...

Super cute AJ! Quick and easy too = a perfect combination!

Jingle said...

This is so absolutely adorable!!!

Carolina said...

What a fun treat holder - love it AJ!!!

Angie Blom said...

Oh I just love this treat holder.. great idea Aj.. fabulous need to make some of these!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOVE this! How cute is that image--great papers--and I love how you used those dies for this Easter treat container! FAB idea;)

Lesley Langdon said...

LOVE this AJ! So cute!

Terri said...

Very cute. I think this would make a cute project for Mother's day also with different stamps. I am so glad to hear someone of your caliber isn't a colorer. is that a word? i love the way it looks when other people do it but it never looks that good for me.

VanessaB said...

SO CUTE!!! I just bought my first set of nesties and I am going to give this a try. THANKS! :)

Tiff said...

You little genius you!!! LOVE THIS idea!

Melanie said...

aww that is adorable!! I totally want to make some! great colors and details!

crazymom said...

Brilliant! Such a cte idea. I better get working on them!

Krystal said...

That little chick package is so darn "tute"! I wish shipping wasn't so expensive in Alaska!