July 11, 2011

Sending Smiles- using the NEW EDGEABILITIES

Now that the secrets out of the bag about the new Edgeabilties, I am going to share a few quick photos on how I used them to make this Avocado Arts card- This is one of the most common ways to use the new die templates, as a simple decorative edge.

If you haven't seen the Edgeabilties yet, check out the video here.


(If the embedded video is not showing up for you, HERE is a link on YouTube.)


Each set of Edgeabilities comes with an Edger, and 2 Decorative inserts. You can mix and match Edgers and Decorative inserts between sets.  I have here the Edger (on the right) from the E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop Edgeabilities set, and the Decorative insert (on the left) from the E8-001 Classic Scallop.

You can see how long each one is next to a standard A2 size card.  (My Base plate is oriented in a portrait position in this photo)

 Here I am cutting through both layers of the card.  I lay my edgeabilities lengthwise on my base plate.  (They will also fit across just as easily.) I am going to cut the bottom edge of my card- place it down and I tape it with removable tape to hold in place.
I am also running the rectangle through at the same time-(I try to run several die templates at once, allowing me a few extra die cuts to have ready to go.) 
You could also easily do a set of edgeabilities on each end of your base plate and run two cards through at once. 

Here you can see a closer image of trying to line up the ends of the card equally so that they are even,  and not half scalloped on one side, and a full scallop on the other.  (This is the reason I tape it down) 

Super easy and tons of options too- you can extend them as well for layouts, or just emboss with them, or stack layers and layers of them like ruffles onto a card. 



Stamps- Hello Friend, Avocado Arts
Spellbinders E8-003 Classic Triple Scallop & E8-001 Classic Scallop Edgeabilties, Classic Rectangles LG
My Minds Eye paper, rhinestones Pin It Now!

4 comments:

StampinCathy said...

Cute card and just love the new edgers. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

omg- LOVE.

Yvette said...

Lovely card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I love the idea of doing this die at the bottom! SO FUN!