October 9, 2011

swimming for Katie Renz








Welcome!!  I am going to try and keep the commentary to a minimum so you can get on to the next blog and then DONATE! :)
I can honestly say I have NO CLUE of what Katies dealing with and facing while still trying to be a mom to the three children and a wife.  I would shrivel into a ball and go into the fetal position in her shoes.  She is SO strong and handling the disease like nobody's business, even reaching out to me to offer her support and lend an ear.
 I live just a few short hours away from Katie, but it took a trip to Anaheim to run into her and meet her for the first time...
My heart aches for her family, I wish I could do MORE.


"From October 10-12 some of the best stampers are joining together to support and encourage our friend and fellow stamper, Katie Renz, who is currently battling inoperable gastric cancer.  If you're not familiar with her, Katie’s cancer story started just before Christmas last year.  This young, beautiful, healthy, vibrant mother of 3 with her infectious smile was suddenly diagnosed with an inoperable cancer, virtually overnight.  A few tummy aches and then stage 4 gastric cancer.  Her first post about it is here.  The idea of “Swimming for Katie” came from her recent post here.

This exclusive stamp used in my sample, designed by Becky Oehlers is available as a clear stamp, as well as a digis or a dig and SVG cut file.  100% of the profits go to Katie's fund to help her and her young family.  Her husband Kevin and her three young children need our help and support.  In addition to the Keep Swimming Octopus, Marianne Walker and True =D Doodle Designs both also donated digis that are for sale.  Direct donations are also being accepted.  Information central is HERE.  This is a permanent page that will stay active at i {heart} papers with current information and the full 3 day blog hop listing, as well as the donation button. 


on to my card....
I am keeping my card clean and simple, focusing on the fabulous image created by Becky.  Details below on how you can get this image and in which format-
I think how this amazing community is coming together to help is just SO inspirational and completely overwhelming.  I am certain Katie feels the arms of so many embracing her.




Keep Swimming Octopus
Peachy Clear stamp

$5.50 with free shipping

Keep Swimming Octopus DIGIstamp
$3.00 with instant download

Keep Swimming Octopus DIGIstamp with SVG cut file
$3.50 with instant download

Keep Swimming Mermaid DIGIstamp
$3.50 with instant download

Keep Swimming Ribbon Fish DIGIstamp and DIGIpapers
$5.00 with instant download
I hope you will join me in supporting Katie through a purchase or donation.  The following is a list of everyone who has projects posted today.  I hope you will be inspired by them and moved to purchase or donate.  If you would like to send Katie a card, her mailing address is:
Katie Renz
PO Box 5913
Bellingham, WA 98227-5913



Here is a COMPLETE list of ALL the peeps joining in on today's fundraiser- make sure to check back both Tuesday and Wednesday as well for more participants!!


Pin It Now!

31 comments:

Shanna said...

Hey girl! i don't know Katie personally but I am still going to get one of those digi stamps in her honor! Her story has certainly touched my heart and reminded me of how uncertain life is. It needs to be lived with no regrets and love, love, love!!! Your card is sweet! Love ya!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

This is FABULOUS AJ! You are an inspiration just like Katie!

True :) said...

Thanks for helping Katie AJ. Your card is adorable!

Hugs,
True :D

chrisd said...

What a beautiful gift for Katie.I think the focus on the image is great on your card!

Jingle said...

Your card is wonderful!

Emily Painter-Davis said...

Great Card!

i {heart} papers said...

Thanks AJ for helping, even amidst your own fight. Keep fighting girlie.

Rochelle said...

heart the colors!

catdidit said...

I agree with you, cannot even imagine and Katie and YOU too are such an inspiration to me!

Kary said...

Such a beautiful card, AJ!! I am really inspired by Katie's strength & courage. Thank you for doing this for her. Thinking of you, too, AJ. {{hugs}}

Julia Aston said...

Love the colors on your sweet tag! what a great event for Katie!

MissScrapAlot said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! HUGS AND PRAYERS HER WAY!!!!!

wyme98@yahoo.com

Beate said...

AJ, your card looks wonderful!

Julie Day said...

What a sweet card, love the ribbon treatment :)

Cheri said...

Great event, AJ and fabulous card for Katie! You too are in my thoughts and prayers!

Jessica Griffin said...

What a beautiful image!! My thoughts are with Katie and her family.

Jessica Griffin
http://www.canyoupixelthis.com

NinaN said...

beautiful card!

Debgem said...

The digi images are really sweet and I do like your card - the ribbon is fab!

Rhonda Miller said...

These are such great images and for such a great cause. Your card is so cute.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Cute, great framed shape too!

Kim H said...

Cute card, like the coloring, and layering. Love the ribbon detail tied with string. Thank you.

Nichole Bryant said...

Your card is adorable. Love the ribbon and twine!

Keely Yowler said...

What a beautiful card! Sending love and prayers to Kate.

marilyn said...

Love your card and I bought the ribbon fish--loved it!

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

beautiful words, short and sweet. 'nuf said. I hear your heart and feel it too...praying for you and our friend. CUTE card- love the twill on top!

Lizscraps said...

swimming along in support, nice card too.

Tenia Nelson said...

Super cute card!!!

Mary Friederichsen said...

Your card is so pretty AJ!

I am sure that it means a great deal to Katie as well.
You too are in my prayers AJ. Keep fighting and smiling! You will win your battle I am sure of it. With all the prayers how can you not!

Blessings and Hugs,
Mary

Vanessa Middleton said...

Cute card, AJ. Love the way you used the two different shaped Nesties!!!

FibreJunky said...

AJ, you amaze me. You're dealing with your own issues and yet you're taking the time to help someone else. To me, that just says how very wonderful you are. (As if I didn't know it already!)

Shawna said...

I don't know her personally either but i purchased a stamp. Good luck and to her and god bless!