March 6, 2012

May all your wishes come true- Skipping Stones Sketch #118





This month I have the honor of guest designing over at Skipping Stones Designs!  This is the first sketch of the month from Angie Barrs.


 Angie has created a fun sketch for us this week-  I have a thing for circles, so I really like this sketch!!



Here's my take- I followed along pretty close.  I used their Cancer Shmancer set, Dandelion Dreams set, and their Pumkin Seeds Sentiments set.  I *love* those background builders they have in that one!

For my card, I stamped the background using Clearsnaps's ColorBox Cyan.  I inked up the butterfly in Aqua, and then inked the edges with the Cyan.  To create the shadow on the sentiment, I stamped it first in the Cyan, then followed with the Frost White.


Head on over to the Skipping Stones Designs blog to get all the detail and see the rest of the samples everyone made using this weeks sketch.

enjoy! Pin It Now!

10 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love your take on the sketch..fab pops of blue on the kraft! Sooo happy to be guesting with you:)

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Angi said...

I so love what you did with my sketch. The blue color is sooo pretty too. :)

Karen B. said...

So beautiful and elegant, yet still clean at the same time.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! What a beautiful card--LOVE kraft and blue! LOVE those little gems:)

Wendy said...

Fabulous colors and fabulous stamp choices!! Thank you so much for playing along with us this month!!!

Kandi Phillips said...

So nice to have you guesting with us AJ! Love those colors and the background is perfect!

jo (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So pretty and lovely! I love that blue with the kraft cardstock!

hugs,
JoAnn:)

Stephanie said...

AJ....Your card is so soft and pretty! Love kraft with ANY color but this blue is just amazing! I'm so happy you are joining us this month at SSD!

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful combo of blue and kraft!